ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol light staying on?? help!!

Black 172 :)
I've put a full tank of fuel in and my needle is stuck on the red, the petrol light stays on and the the trip computer flash's ---- it doing my head in!!! I've only just got her back from the garage after new gearbox,clutch and mot! also fixed one xenon bulb so i'm not happy i've still got problems!! Can anyone help me???? Just want a perfect running car!!!! argggghhhhhhhh:mad: thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 201
  Black 172 :)
Anybody know what i can do?

i've tried the dashboard trick with the trip computer and the gauage moves normal but when i start her normaly it still shows empty. hmmmm

thanks

this may be a red herring as i don't know how the gauge sender is configured, but have you checked the leads as they attach to the fuel pump under the rear seats? could be that one of them is the tank sender and has a corroded terminal or something

MERCEDES CLS AMG
1 - disconnect battery - connect / retry

2 - Turn igntion on and off 3 times very fast whilst holding down trip computer button on end of stalk ( system check ) should reset clocks

3 - check fuel tank sender unit - repair / replace

4 - check clocks - repair / replace

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Does anyone have any further info on this my car still has this problem and to fix renault want stupid amounts of money.
Cheers Cal

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Try number 1:

1 - disconnect battery - connect / retry

But leave it to disconnect for about 30mins, then try and see if it works