ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Mileage and the Group N ECU...

or Boitier Electronique as the Frogs call it:

Ive read that it seriously reduces the mileage at high speeds and would like to hear from anyone with hard figures.

I am lucky enough to have to spend a fair bit of time at 220 or thereabouts and if the Group N ECU causes really bad fule consumption at those speeds, I might just pass on it...

Any thoughts?

996 Carrera

This is what Ive seen with the ECU from R-Sport.

On the run back up North I used to get 45MPG plus with the standard ECU. On the last run with the R-sport ECU I got 33MPG.

It drinks like a fish above 90 MPH, not too bad around 70MPH though.

Day to day I do an even split between motorway miles and A roads so Im not driving at light speed everywhere.

I cannot see the ECU giving you much less MPG its all down to how hard you drive it. The ECU wont give you much power top end. Its midange that the extra power ir released but if you drive it witht he same amount of accelerationt he mpg will be slightly better.

There was an owner on here who said the ECU had paid for itself during the time he had owned it as he did quite a few miles in his cup (about 25k I think).

EDD

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the group n ecu will lower fuel economy due to the different software/computer stratagys but nothing to major.