ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

petrol power washers

535d / t5 caravelle
are they any good in general, are they better than electric ones such as the karcher k3.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-PO...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item3a559a2343

just borrowed a karcher k3.99 to clean the patio up, also washed both cars down with it, was very impressed with it, so got me looking at them on ebay, then i came accross petrol versions and thought they may be better, anyone got any input on petrol ones such as the one in the link, mainly going to be used for car washing and the patio once a year.

cheers

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Sounds like an electric one will be better if its just for the car and the patio now and again. Petrol is probaly more industrial would be good for the patio but personally wouldnt use it on the car mate

535d / t5 caravelle
do you mean it will be to powerfull for the car and maybe damage the paint?

mk3 golf gti
i use the diesel powered karcher we have at work, its fine for the paintwork as long as you dont go mad and turn it to max pressure and temp.

Clio MK 4
i have the k3.99 but just electrical and works fine. i assume petrol will be a fair bit more powerfull which i dont think you need for a car.

Polo + Micra
that pressure washer is only really 1800w so not exactly paint shredding power is it.

I remember i put my finger infront of the jet once as i didnt think it was working properly, didnt hurt at first then looked at my finger a little closer and it was missing a line of skin LOL. Lesson learned It was very sore for a few weeks

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
The only reason i would buy a petrol one is if you need it to run at higher pressures or if there is now where to plug an electric one in. Petrol ones are more portable as you can run them anywhere (obviously you need a water tank). For what your using it for i would def get electric. Plus petrol ones tend to be pretty loud!!

I once stripped paint of a merc front bumper with a very powerful petrol one! My dad was not very happy! my response was "well at least its clean :approve:"

ph1 black 172
are they any good in general, are they better than electric ones such as the karcher k3.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-PO...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item3a559a2343

just borrowed a karcher k3.99 to clean the patio up, also washed both cars down with it, was very impressed with it, so got me looking at them on ebay, then i came accross petrol versions and thought they may be better, anyone got any input on petrol ones such as the one in the link, mainly going to be used for car washing and the patio once a year.

cheers

if you do your homework 1300psi is only about 90 bar. the karcher k3.99 is 120bar which is around 1800psi...... i know which i would buy for the money.

so if you havnt got electric then get that petrol one. or just buy an electric karcher, its more compact and also not so noisy.

hope this helps

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I have a one which uses a 2.0 diesel engine. Used it on the patio and it lifted the slabs. Epic thing.

Needless to say i don't use it on cars....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Hell no.

Sodding thing is reading off the scale on the temp guage. I think i may have killed it.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I have a Kranzle Profi160, been using the thing for a few years now, and it has never failed, adjustable from 20 up to 140 bar, so you can use it for no mather what really.
It also comes with a snow foam as a standard feature built into the lance