ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Prices - BP announcement

Dont know if anyone has heard the news today but BP is reducing petrol prices by 2p as a concequence of lower oil prices!!! :eek::)

Does anyone think that the latest mail protest about boycotting BP and Esso reached someone at BP?? obviously something has happened for them to take this cut and I recommend we stick with the original plan of holding out on BP and ESSO until they lower prices futher!

[Edited by alnug on 10 June 2004 at 11:04am]

Theyll just bump it up by a couple of pence of the next month and no one will complain, just like they did before!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Asda have announced that all their stations will charge less than 80p a litre for diesel & unleaded from today.

yes thats why we need to hold out on using BP and ESSO and pass the message around until they cut the prices down substantially and pass the message along to all your mates

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

The Asda near me only does normal unleaded, rather than super...:(

I stick to Sainsburys, I know its only 97Ron, but its better for the old 172 than normal.

Check http://www.aapetrolbusters.comwww.aapetrolbusters.com and see if they have details of the cheapest petrol for you.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Bradfordlad on 10 June 2004

yes but where is the all important shell! :)
too true, Optimax only for me !

plus why should be boycott BP and Esso, its the government who make all the money the petrol companies make bugger all in the grand scheme of things, yes they are minted, but there HUGE worldwide companies

I always brim it - cos I never know where Ill be able to get Optimax next! Ive never really noticed an effect on fuel consumption but then Ive never measured consumption from a half-full tank. 1 litre of fuel weighs approx 1 kg (using the density of water as a rough guide), so a full tank will add approx 50kg to a dry car weight.

I paid 86.9p for Optimax the other day - is that cheap? I didnt think so. Unleaded was 81.9p in the same garage (Shell Stirling). Cmon Shell, get your prices down too!

Mars Red Clio V6 255

BP only dropped thier price due to the super markets dropping their petrol by 2p per litre i dont think it has anything to do with the boycot, but petrol prices are a joke and will keep going up over the next few years, looking forward to the time when it hit £1 per litre, but to be fair on the petrol companys its not all their fault, blame mr blair and his men for charging us over 85% tax on the stuff

[Edited by kieron on 12 June 2004 at 3:32pm]