ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol...

Clio Dynamique Noir
Think im being a bit of a r****d :eek:...but can you put shell v power petrol in ontop of normal unleaded petrol?
Annnd has anyone noticed a difference using things like v power unleaded over normal petrol?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can't mix petrol. Will explode iirc.

You need to wait for it to run out completely then push the car to the petrol station and fill it up with V-power.

197 Albi Blue
When i got the 197 i ran it on normal unleaded but have recently started useing v-power instead. Im getting about 5mpg more on average, not sure if this is down to the v-power or if i am just getting lighter with the right foot having had the car almost 2 months now?

Evo 8 MR
Think im being a bit of a r****d :eek:...but can you put shell v power petrol in ontop of normal unleaded petrol?
Annnd has anyone noticed a difference using things like v power unleaded over normal petrol?

No, you can't, mixing the two will create a poisonous mix and the engine will blow up. How did you not know this?!

Clio Dynamique Noir
You can't mix petrol. Will explode iirc.

You need to wait for it to run out completely then push the car to the petrol station and fill it up with V-power.

No, you can't, mixing the two will create a poisonous mix and the engine will blow up. How did you not know this?!

Haha my worries are true! Cheers guys ill leave the car running over night and push it to the nearest petrol station in the morning! Thanks for the help...should i save my money though?lol

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Makes very little difference, unless you do hyper mileage. Mine does not like anything else other then v-power!

Stagecoach Ticket
I tryed all kinds in my 1.2 over the 2 years i had it you will see a very slight mpg gain over long distances but no were near enough to warrent the cost of Vpower of the normal unleaded fuel types.

stick with the normal stuff mate.

Does anyone actually run the jank unleaded in there 172's?

S'trollin on size 7s
ive been running the 'better' unleaded stuff since i got mine, not specificly V-power but just like premium stuff of wherever im toppin up at the time. god knows if its worth it or not ,dont think ill ever know tbh ,but ah well.lol

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Haha my worries are true! Cheers guys ill leave the car running over night and push it to the nearest petrol station in the morning! Thanks for the help...should i save my money though?lol

The additives/lubricants in flea power persist for some time so flushing through the odd tank can be kinder to your engine than the 95ron mixes. :)

I was using normal shell unleaded in my car and found the engine was pinking alot, switched to Vpower and it not longer does. Gonna switch back to normal unleaded and see if it comes back

Clio
You can put the V power in but you have to drive really careful after. You can't go round corners to fast or anthing like that because the petrol will slosh around in the tank and mix. You've got to keep them seperate.

Rusty Cup
I also use petrol, ive used pertol for many years now. Sometimes i dont put much in and my car doesnt go very far but its ok coz i just put more in and bam (just like what im led to believe magic might be like) im off again.

Not wanting to get off topic but my car also consumes water, it prefers evian but to be honest i usually put tap water in an evian bottle.. that way everyones happy.

Something Not French
95 octane + 99 octane = 194 octane. your car will be so fast mate, do it

Mathematically speaking, you need to average them out as they are essentially the same product, but with slightly different ratings.

e.g. (95 + 99) / 2 = 97

So if you half fill with standard 95, and half fill with Tesco 99, you get 97 V power. Score!

You also get:
- A confused looking petrol station attendant.
- A big queue behind you at the pump.
- Grief off here for being a muppet.

Use 95 like the rest of us, seriously, £1.27 a litre, F OFF!

Something Not French
Yeah, I use the 5p vouchers too.

95 is between 114 & 117, 97/99 is around 122 - 127. Pricey in South Derbyshire! :mad:

RS Clio Trophy
i've never totally believed in the whole V-power thing, until i got the T and now im gutted cos it does genuinely run so much better on it:(

Astra SRI/ Hornet
1*2's deffinately run better on optimax. I've had 3 years experience with all types of driving. A 1.2 wouldn't be worth it IMO. The cleaning agents in optimax are a bonus especially if ya wanna keep ya engine tip top. But if you don't give a s**t about performance and looking after ya car and more mpg then just stick the normal stuff in. Lol

Not a 320d
I run my 1.6 on V power, ive had 2 tanks, in nearly a year of ownership, of the poverty spec stuff. I can say that i get more miles from the vpower than i do poverty spec, and it also feels better too running on v power. Getting expensive now though. Used to run my 1.2 on a bit of both.

Mk5 golf gti
Shell fuel save is the future

currently on 38 mpg highest ive seen it

ill still be switching back to vpower though :)

RS Clio Trophy
in my experience the only cars that benefit from higher octane fuels are cars that come mapped from the factory to run on them(like the 182 and Trophy), cars that have been re-mapped to run on them or carbed cars. My old 106 GTI would not run properly on higher octane fuels