ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 cranking but not starting

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Drove my ph1 to work the other morning all was fine, then went to move it at dinner and would not start was just cranking.
Had a quick look and found it wasn't getting a feed to coil or fuel pump when cranking so checked all relays and made a jumper wire to pump and coil but still no joy.
Removed the multi plug to ecu to check for breaks in the wires to the crank sensor with multi meter and didnt find any so plugged it all back together.
Then I just thought I would try starting it again and it fired up fine!
obviously I know its not fixed but question is what was it?
Im thinking a broken wire in the loom to ecu plug.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
I did try a new crank sensor first with no effect forgot to mention that, but ive left if on just incase
looking likely to be wiring then, I might un wrap the loom to try and inspect it better then

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
have you pressed the red button? (inertia switch)
Yeah ive pressed that it was my 1st thoughts because it tripped when i did my engine change and wouldnt start then.
Its anoying when youve fixed something but dont know how haha