ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Driveshaft

Monaco 172
Is there anyway to tell if a driveshaft is a genuine renault part or a cheap version?

Also anyone have any pics of a non cup ph1 172 driver side and non driver side driveshaft?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
New standard genuine shafts
IMAG0918-1.jpg

Monaco 172
My mate has a second hand driveshaft for the passenger side so had to find out the difference between them. Is there anyway to determine if it is a genuine part or not if the sticker is worn? Also it says 2002 on it does this mean when it was manufactured or what year of car its for? will post a pic when he sends me it

cheers guys

Lots of Alfas
It looks like a genuine one, but it has a damper fitted so it must be from a 172ph2, the 172ph1 shafts are completely solid..You cant guarantee thats going to fit as there are 4 or 5 different shafts for that side across the 172/182. They are about £140 from Renault, I think a little cheaper if the old one is exchanged.

Last edited:
I tried to get hold of one for a Phase 1 a while back from Renault, they told me the parts are now obsolete. Can't even get CV joints. Went to Euro Car Parts and got a genuine re-manufactured part on exchange.

Monaco 172
Thanks for the help guys. The 2002 sticker must suggest its for a ph2 then like davebem says since the ph1 was only made to 2001.