ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 engine into 1.2?

106 Quicky
I am looking at getting a crashed damaged ph1 clio 172 and taking all of the front end. engine, sub frame, suspension, brakes, wiring loom, rear axle etc and putting it into my 1.2 ph1 clio. I am a mechanic so all work will be done by myself and i know its not worth the money but i think it is and it will give me more experience so no haters saying it not worth it and just buy a 172. Will every thing just drop in or will welding and fabrication be needed. I am not bothered by welding or making/getting parts to fit, i am really interested in doing this and it will be a good Thread to read if it gets done it the future. Thanks Jay...;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
fits straight in everythings the same, jobs much easier doing it the way your doing with a crash damaged car as basically your just re shelling the 172 straight over

106 Quicky
fits straight in everythings the same, jobs much easier doing it the way your doing with a crash damaged car as basically your just re shelling the 172 straight over
Well that's great news then! :D just need to get the car and new bushes/bearings then i will be doing it soon. Thanks for you reply.

Sunflower Ph1 172
I am looking at getting a crashed damaged ph1 clio 172 and taking all of the front end. engine, sub frame, suspension, brakes, wiring loom, rear axle etc and putting it into my 1.2 ph1 clio. I am a mechanic so all work will be done by myself and i know its not worth the money but i think it is and it will give me more experience so no haters saying it not worth it and just buy a 172. Will every thing just drop in or will welding and fabrication be needed. I am not bothered by welding or making/getting parts to fit, i am really interested in doing this and it will be a good Thread to read if it gets done it the future. Thanks Jay...;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?556209-Rob-s-F4R-d-Dynamique-Track-Car

Friend of mine has already done it, goes just as well as any 172.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Most people do it without thinking it through, like it's a quick weekend project for a couple of numpties who don't know which end of a screwdriver to hold, or assuming they can not tell insurance and save money, or just have no reason to do it bearing in mind you can pick up a 172 for £1000 these days... other things like that anyway.

As your reason is to get some experience to help your career, then go for it !!

106 Quicky
Oh right, yeah i know it will take a while as i've never done something like this but it is for experience and i will learn alot from this project should be good. I've seen 172's go for little money but i would rather build my own if you know what i mean. Thanks for reply and hopefully should be getting the project in the next couple of months :)