ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 exclusive project.

Ph1 172
Finally I have made a move on my project today I decided on doing a ph1 instead for a change as I did a ph2 a little while ago. I have always had a soft spot for the ph1 so when this exclusive came up I thought its about time to do one. So today it was moved over to my mates garage for a strip down ready for its colour change.

This is where I am getting mixed reactions from some other rs clio owners on the topic of changing the colour on the car I know it is a exclusive and produced in limited numbers and for many die hard clio owners out there it's a sin to do such a thing lol.

Don't get me wrong I have took on board all the feedback but I have gone over and over what I want to do with the car and decided on painting it frozen white in my opinion ph1 and ph2 really look good in white with another contrasting colour for the rub strips,fog surrounds,etc.

I have also been on a parts hunt for a ph2 rear bumper,boot lid,lights rub strips alloy bonnet etc.

so i thought I'd post a few pictures from the start and all the way through the project so let's see what you guys think.

Ph1 172
image_zpse72cc647.jpg
[/URL]

Ph1 172
So I decided to start stripping down the car to be sent off to the paint shop in the end I decided to go with frozen white and anthracite for the accent colour on the door trims,bumper insert,wing mirrors etc. I have also gone for the ph2 rear end as well in my opinion I think it looks a lot nicer than the ph1.

Ph1 track car, Dci
Nice project. Whats your plans with it road/track? Get some pics up of the frozen white, love a clio in white and dont see many p1s in it!

Ph1 172
I'm looking at keeping it on the road with the intention of using it on the track as well every now and then it's in the paint shop now so I am hoping to be getting it back at the end of the week I'll get some pictures of it and post them ASAP. Not sure what to do with the engine side if things weather to go in the turbo direction or throttle bodies.

Ph1 172
Decided to nip over to the body shop today to find they have flatted the paint down and blocked out the little dents that were on the car and that was about it it was supposed to be in paint by now and ready for collection not impressed.

Ph1 172
So I decided to crack on with a few jobs while wating for it to come back the head lights were looking really worn so instead of replacing them I thought I'd have a go at restoring them. I nipped over to my local paint suppliers on my way back home and picked up a few bits to get on with it Ian recommended using a small farecla sanding head using 1200 wet and dry and working my way up from there. Then after that start buffing it back with G3 and a good polish at the end with a soft buffing head so let's see how it turns out.

Ph1 172
Hi there so sorry I have not been on here for a little while been mad busy yes there has been sum progress with the car after it being in the first body shop for a number of weeks and hardly anything being done on it with all the false promises I kept getting I decided to move it over to another approved body shop who turned it around within the week I'm pretty happy with the out come so far I'll post a few pics of it for you guys.

Ph1 172
I will say one thing I know the pics make it look a little bit grey lol but it is a real brilliant white I took the pics in a bad light at the time and was in a bit of a rush to get to another job so there are all I managed to get.

Ph1 172
I Forgot to mention I ended up coming across a set of jenvy throttle bodies for a really good price thanks to Ian for sorting them out for me I have sent the trumpets and a few other bits of to a mate of mine who is going to powder coat them for me. Once I got them I was looking at what type of management to go for I was looking at gen90 but a good friend of mine offered me his gotech management for a price I could not resist so it's all looking up for it at the moment I am still wating for the other parts to come back from the body shop once they have landed I'll get cracking with it I just hope the shade of anthracite I have chosen will set it off we will soon see any way I'll post some more pics as soon as I can.

Ph1 172
I thought I'd just add these I don't think it could have been any worse of a day to get it recovered from the first body shop got to say thanks to Gaz for picking it up for me under such short notice nice one mate.

Ph1 track car, Dci
Progress looks good! It is abit grim up north today aint it. Looking forward to seeing it built up.

Ph1 172
Hi guys I have finally found some time to spend on on the car I have managed to bolt on a few bits this weekend hear are a few pics on the progress up to now.

Ph1 172
There is a lot of work still ahead at least it's getting there bit by bit now just had the original exclusive alloy wheels refurbished ill post a few pics of them shortly.