ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 losing power

clio sport 172 ph1
went out today, car seemed fine then i put my foot down in 2nd gear, it pulled really strong as it should then lost power for a second or two then pulled as normal. Its been the same all day now. Please help.

clio sport 172 ph1
no its doesnt seem to be misfiring. it runs fine it only happens or i only notice it when i excelerate quick.

ValverInBits
I couldn't say without a little more info, someone else may be able to suggest something.

What does the lack of power feel like? does it go then slow up? any particular rev range?

Could be injectors/sensor(s) ie map, throttle,

So no Missfire and no EML on? Its almost impossible to diag without seeing it. Obviously a clip test is the first place to start.

Could be a blocked cat, fuel poblem, anything lol.

ValverInBits
^^ Blocked cat is a good one. although uncommon unless you've been overfuelling for some time (lambda or something)

clio sport 172 ph1
Hard to explain but the power doesnt stop completly but its greatly reduced for that second then instantly returns. Seems to happen around 3000rpm if in second gear.

So its almost like a flatspot? Could be a missfire under load, suggesting a dodgy lead/ plug etc.

Really hard to say over the net, id suggest checking all the basics i.e air filter, plugs etc.

clio sport 172 ph1
thanks for the sugestions, I know its hard without seing it happen. I will check all the basics in the morning.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Plugs, leads, coil pack, MAP sensor, Lambda etc etc. You could spend an absolute fortune chasing the problem, find someone local with an RStuner and look for any stored fault codes.