ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 over priced

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If a car hasn't had belts done i'd be worried. Says a lot about the previous owners realy.

Super tidy car though, but it is almost 182 money.

Come now Brett, you of all people should know we are talking about the fastest clio in the range.... ;)

Pop, goes the can of worms.....

Ph1
Seem's a bit strange to me. New rear pads after 26k miles? The ad doesn't read as though it's been written by an over 55. They really aren't difficult to clock.

Thats totally fine and normal. Mine were changed at stupidly low mileage after buying the car new.
There aint much pad on their and Renault like to tell folk to whip them off early

yap

51 Clio 172
What sort of r****d doesnt change the belts after owning the car for 8 years, f**ks me off!!

Yeah its mint, would be a c**t if the belt broke as you where driving it home. Plus belts are meant to wear more on shorter journeys and thats hardly been on many holidays, probably up and back to the shops every day!

Only got mine done after 8 years. I must me lucky, but I have had the car from new, so I know it's history. This forum made me nervous about the belt snapping so I drove 200 to K Tec to do them. Some people don't even know about the belts.:D

GW RS200
Deeply suspicious of both non standard head unit and belt neglect. As the poster above says, it's telling about the overall care taken over a car when something like this isn't done.

Ph1
^^Your reading too much into it matey

Its a low mileage car only due a belt change because of the age. Its probably never even been pointed out to the owner!

Again the head unit means nowt.

End of the day anyone with a ounce of common sence would go and view the car if they were interested as it obviously could be the best in the country or the worst

Vw caddy tdi
That's not bad I paid just over 4k 3yrs ago (37k) would love another low mileage ph1.
facepalm.jpg

^^ so funny.

Last edited:

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Go round, have a look and check the service history. If it looks decent, buy it.
The plate is worth £500 so you could always sell that.

If its not looking good, just leave it.

1.5dci
seems to me that yeah its good condition etc, but without the belt being done even for that milage, we all know too what older drives loooove to do and thats ride on the clutch ...