ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 over priced

'02 Monaco Blue 172
I'd say thats a good price, it's looks like an absolute minter and if the milage is true which there is no doubt it is looking at the rest of the car i'd say its not overpriced!

Revels Mum & Sister
VERY tidy! Its worth what someone will pay. Personally for me the PH1 interior and exterior is looking really dated!

Just because it has low miles does not mean Mechanically it will be sound either!

tiTTy & SV650
Its at the top of the price band for a phase 1 TBH but if the mileage is genuine and belts are done it's not a bad car for the money.

ITB'd MK1
I'd buy that if i had the cash. There's some tat about for not much less. There's also one on ebay with 46k and they want £4k !!!!!!!!

Clio 182
Spoke to the guy earlier today, it has NOT had the belts done, but the private is worth 500 and he has a signed cofirmation slip to say its worth that and i dealer who give him cash, so the plate would pay for the belts

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Spoke to the guy earlier today, it has NOT had the belts done

facepalm.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
What sort of r****d doesnt change the belts after owning the car for 8 years, f**ks me off!!

Yeah its mint, would be a c**t if the belt broke as you where driving it home. Plus belts are meant to wear more on shorter journeys and thats hardly been on many holidays, probably up and back to the shops every day!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Seem's a bit strange to me. New rear pads after 26k miles? The ad doesn't read as though it's been written by an over 55. They really aren't difficult to clock.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What sort of r****d doesnt change the belts after owning the car for 8 years, f**ks me off!!

Yeah its mint, would be a c**t if the belt broke as you where driving it home. Plus belts are meant to wear more on shorter journeys and thats hardly been on many holidays, probably up and back to the shops every day!

Tbh mate there are probably more cars out there that are/were due the belts than cars that have had them, as the advert states its been two older chaps that have been using it as a run about etc im not that suprised they havent been done...

In any event, if the car is in as good cond as the pictures relay then that cars worth 4200 all day everyday imo.

Also, its just your donald duck when it comes to the belts, that car could (in theory) run to 100k without them or like you say, snap on the way home, there is no reason why they would or would not.....!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So they are 55 and just use it as a 168bhp run around so they dont need to have the car serviced? Sound like muppets.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
LOL :D

I just wouldnt trust someone who after owning a car for 9 years doesnt think to service it.

Edit: Also there is a child seat in the back! WOOHOO

I'd be getting a mint fsh ph2 for the asking price tbh.

I'd also guess that the cars no where near as good as it seems to be. I am always sceptical of low mileage cars.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I suppose it really depends what your after but because im an avid fan of them its nice to see that some low milers are still out there for not bad money.

I do hope that one makes it into the club :eek:

Limca (Jay) had a decent low miler ph1, it was on about 33k or something. His was looked after though. I also don't think he paid any where near 4k for it.

If a dude only uses it to go to the shops etc you can prob imagine what it's like. The fact that it's sooo over due belts etc would put me off straight away.

172 ph-quick
plus how many elderly people using a clio as a run around decide to put an aftermarket headunit in?, ask if it has standard headunit included as it should have 6-disc multichanger under the drivers seat.

Evo 8 FQ300
plus how many elderly people using a clio as a run around decide to put an aftermarket headunit in?, ask if it has standard headunit included as it should have 6-disc multichanger under the drivers seat.

Yeah i was curious bout that one as mine has original with 6 cd changer underneath.
The more u ask the better imo especially since the belts aint been done and considering its got service history im abit baffled to why they wernt done ;)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Private plate buddy;)

This car was on Pistonheads IIRC it was advertised at 4.5k-

Depending on whats actually stamped in the book & assuming the car is MINT I would pay as a private buyer around 3.2 for that tops- Of course then it would be Belts to add on-

What I have found with some owners who are selling is if they arent aware of what the cambelt & aux belt change is then they dont get why you drop on offer price by say 400 quid- For some it doesnt compute!!

Mileage isnt everything especially without belts- Personally if I was looking for a PH1 I would find one in the low 50's k with belts & pick it up for low/mid 2's... THe 20k difference in miles isnt worth it IMHO....

Steve

172 CUP
well over priced in my opinion.
I wouldnt give more than 3 grand for this car no matter how clean it is and thats fully serviced and the belts done as well.
I'm not a tight tw*t just in touch with reality.:D

Evo 8 FQ300
This car was on Pistonheads IIRC it was advertised at 4.5k-

Depending on whats actually stamped in the book & assuming the car is MINT I would pay as a private buyer around 3.2 for that tops- Of course then it would be Belts to add on-

What I have found with some owners who are selling is if they arent aware of what the cambelt & aux belt change is then they dont get why you drop on offer price by say 400 quid- For some it doesnt compute!!

Mileage isnt everything especially without belts- Personally if I was looking for a PH1 I would find one in the low 50's k with belts & pick it up for low/mid 2's... THe 20k difference in miles isnt worth it IMHO....

Steve

Afew things dont add up on this one i recon anyway.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I dont get some of the comments in here.... :eek:

Right so it has about the lowest miles of any Phase 1 ive ever seen and looks to be in good nick, so if its not worth £4000, what is it worth...?

These suggestions that its only worth 3k are absurd tbh!

It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it bud.

The end.

(I don't mean the end literally as i'm not locking the thread lol)

Evo 8 FQ300

Right so it has about the lowest miles of any Phase 1 ive ever seen and looks to be in good nick, so if its not worth £4000, what is it worth...?

I agree its worth the price but still wouldnt buy due to the service history;)
It wont be the first not to have belts done tho as i know of one phase 1 that ended up in a renault dealership with 77000 on it and never been done sooo.........

53 Clio's & counting

This

It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it bud.

The end.

(I don't mean the end literally as i'm not locking the thread lol)

And this lol, i think a mint low miles ph1 is worth 4k, but then again its all what the buyer will pay, its bound to need a few things doing to it, i mean its hardly been used

320d
If a car hasn't had belts done i'd be worried. Says a lot about the previous owners realy.

Super tidy car though, but it is almost 182 money.