ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 - Standard or 'Exclusive?'

Clio 172 Exclusive
I'm looking at getting myself a Ph1 172 :), but am undecided on whether to go for a 'standard' Ph1 172, or an 'Exclusive'.

I've seen an Exclusive with 46,000 miles on the clock, looks in good condition from the photos, with FSH. It's going for £2895. What sort of price should I be looking at paying for an Exclusive? On the other hand I've seen a Blue Ph1 172, FSH, 76,000 miles, for £2995. Again, looks to be in good condition.

So question is, what would you go for? Standard, or Exclusive?

No brainer really, why would you pay £100 more for one with a lot higher mileage and more common colour?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Would personally go for the exclusive, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the interior.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ph1's require, new wheels (as most are kurbed to f**k), new seats, and new suspension (as the original dampers will now be more used than Britney). So get a normal ph1 in a good colour.
SDC10116.jpg

Clio 172 Exclusive
No brainer really, why would you pay £100 more for one with a lot higher mileage and more common colour?

True!

Exclusive and get F1's for it, bbs rims are pasch imo

That's one thing I'm not sure on is the wheels. But I think I'd see how the standard wheels looked first. Was thinking about Anthracite Turinis, reckon they'd look good against the green paintwork :D

What is an 'Exclusive'?

A limited edition 172, by Renault, only 172 made in the UK. Come complete with green paintwork, BBS alloys, and CD changer, I believe. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

Clio 172 Exclusive
Ph1's require, new wheels (as most are kurbed to f**k), new seats, and new suspension (as the original dampers will now be more used than Britney). So get a normal ph1 in a good colour.
SDC10116.jpg

Very nice Warren :approve: Yours I take it?

Storm Grey 200
Exclusive means you get

Gash Wheels
Gash Interior
Spend money making it look like a good ph1

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Fcuking love your Ph1 Warren.

Looks as new as ever, excellent example.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
A limited edition 172, by Renault, only 172 made in the UK. Come complete with green paintwork, BBS alloys, and CD changer, I believe. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

Thankyou :) Ahhh right yeah, I remember reading a thread about those before but didn't know they had that name. They don't sound very popular with people on here?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
The scarab green is a really nice colour. Pics online just don’t do it justice tbh! Not too sure on the grey full leather seats though-prefer the stds personally.

Andys exclusive at birchdown looks immense now he's fitted the ph2 rear bumper and some anthracite 2118s :cool:

Clio 172 Exclusive
Thankyou :) Ahhh right yeah, I remember reading a thread about those before but didn't know they had that name. They don't sound very popular with people on here?

I think they're a bit like Marmite in the sense that you either love them, or hate them. I can see it from both sides too be honest!

Clio 172 Exclusive
The scarab green is a really nice colour. Pics online just don’t do it justice tbh! Not too sure on the grey full leather seats though-prefer the stds personally.

Andys exclusive at birchdown looks immense now he's fitted the ph2 rear bumper and some anthracite 2118s :cool:

Yeah have noticed that with the 182 cups. Saw one in the flesh a couple of months ago, and it looked so much better in the flesh, than in pictures. So I can imagine it's the same for these Exclusives. Had thought about anthracite Turinis for summer wheels, if I were getting an Exclusive ;)

The only reservation I'd have with the full leather interior, is in the hot weather! Still, you have aircon, so I imagine it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

clio 172 exclusive
i agree you either love em or hate em , i love them. When i went out to buy a ph1 172 i didnt even consider buying the exclusive but around here in milton keynes there are so many of the so called standard model some nice some pigs and a few fantastic examples . So i decided to go for the exclusive just to be a little differant and it does get noticed by the clio drivers around here , with drivers pulling up next to me wanting a look ,with a large number never seeing one in the flesh befor . The colour is nice when clean and yes the leather does take some getting use too but its easy to clean and again is a break from the norm .

Clio 172 Exclusive
I think that's part of the reason I want to go for one, to be different :) Plus I quite like the idea of a leather interior, having never had one in my own car before. That, and I've never come across any Ph1's in East Sussex, so would be even rarer to see one about if I had one! I've got a few other plans from standard, but will be keeping any parts I change to put it back to standard when I come to selling it. I learnt that lesson the hard way with my last car!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I love exclusives and love the alloys - can't believe how much people say they're rubbish!

Clio 172 Exclusive
I love exclusives and love the alloys - can't believe how much people say they're rubbish!
I think they look good clean. Although they don't look special when dirty, or from certain angles. There's a member on here who turned their Exclusive into 'euro' style and it looked great lowered on coilovers with the standard wheels :approve:

Clio 172 Exclusive
I'd have the exclusive, then get rid of the seats as they a look like they belong in a rover 75.
I'd have to see what they look like in the flesh first. Are they not just the 'standard' 172 seats in leather? Maybe they just need a colour change?

Ph1
If the Exclusive had wood dash incerts it could have been called a ''Clio Ghia'' :rasp:

Not sure what the point was of the Exclusive. All the fancy bits added just made it look soft :eek:

White with Recaro seats and a bit of weight loss, now that would have been a proper Exclusive :cool:

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I think they look good clean. Although they don't look special when dirty, or from certain angles. There's a member on here who turned their Exclusive into 'euro' style and it looked great lowered on coilovers with the standard wheels :approve:

Clean like these? lol
SP_A0177.jpg

Clio 172 Exclusive
Those are the one's! Your car looks great, in both standard and 'Euro' guises :approve: It was actually when I saw those lowered pictures of yours on the standard alloys that I thought about getting an Exclusive ;)