ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 and ph2 172 Inlet difference

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
As title really, what are the differences between the ph1 172 inlets compared to the ph2 172 inlets
I know the throttle bodies are different ie one is cable, the other fbw, but are the hole pitches for the TB the same?
Is the only other difference the holes for the idle control valve the only real difference?

Basically asking because I have bolted on a ph1 inlet and TB setup to my cup but need to do a fair bit of rewiring to work it. As I am a bit pushed for time, can I just blank off the icv holes, and swop to a fbw throttle body for now to get it up and running??

@NorthloopCup
Or anyone else who has the answer
Cheers

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
As title really, what are the differences between the ph1 172 inlets compared to the ph2 172 inlets
I know the throttle bodies are different ie one is cable, the other fbw, but are the hole pitches for the TB the same?
Is the only other difference the holes for the idle control valve the only real difference?

Basically asking because I have bolted on a ph1 inlet and TB setup to my cup but need to do a fair bit of rewiring to work it. As I am a bit pushed for time, can I just blank off the icv holes, and swop to a fbw throttle body for now to get it up and running??

@NorthloopCup
Or anyone else who has the answer
Cheers
The bolt latter is different between the fbw throttle body and the cable throttle mate.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Feck.
Thanks for the quick reply @NorthloopCup , that's the easy option out the window then.
Also noticed on th TB that the diameter is small on the cable one where the airbox pipe clamps on so I will have to source a ph1 pipe too.
I should have looked into this a bit more before getting the ph1 stuff matched and bolted on, and kept some ph2 inlets.
I will have a look at the ph1 engine loom at the weekend.
Will it screw up the Cambus crap?

205 gtis were a damn sight easier to rewire!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Feck.
Thanks for the quick reply @NorthloopCup , that's the easy option out the window then.
Also noticed on th TB that the diameter is small on the cable one where the airbox pipe clamps on so I will have to source a ph1 pipe too.
I should have looked into this a bit more before getting the ph1 stuff matched and bolted on, and kept some ph2 inlets.
I will have a look at the ph1 engine loom at the weekend.
Will it screw up the Cambus crap?

205 gtis were a damn sight easier to rewire!!

You could make an adapter plate? Piece of 10mm thick ally would do the job.

I can't answer the canbus question mate, but I suspect you may only get some warning lights on the dash.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
You could make an adapter plate? Piece of 10mm thick ally would do the job.

I can't answer the canbus question mate, but I suspect you may only get some warning lights on the dash.

Yeah, an adaptor plate would be a piece of piss. Can knock one out in work. Cheers for that idea!!