ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Cup Racer Car Geometry

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Hi all,

I have searched high and low to see what the ph 1 172 cup racer geometry was. (not to sure if they did the ph1 i know they did the ph2).

Im after front and rear camber toe and castor if possible as i am going to use these figures as the basis of my track car.

I know these are subjective and completely down to the individual user but im after a good basis to start.

I was thinking about -3 camber on front and minus 2.5 on rear but not to sure.

Advise from all you track goers would be good

Thanks Dan

220 Trophy
It also depends on the weights of your springs, but camber wise I'm running -3 front and -2 rear with the front shocks left fully soft and the rears dilled to about 50-70% hard depending on track and the surface. I’ve been through lots of permeations and spring weights etc but the current set-up feels great.

If it’s a dedicated track-car then unfortunately there is’nt a ‘one size fits all’ set-up, you will have the try out a few permeations on the same track and see what each change makes.

Spring weights were the biggest difference for me (I can’t remember off the top of my head what I’m running at the moment), IMO start off on -3/-2 camber and then mess around with the springs.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
mk2 cup racers were all ph1's, they had a compulsory upgrade program so they all had a facelift to be elligable to race.

You'll struggle to replicate their setup as they had a fair mix and match of parts from other cars.

I'd suggest you start with 2degrees on the front, leave the rear alone for now, and see what changes you need to make once you've done a trackday with it.

182cup & 172 racecar
Plus you will need a pressure gauge and a tyre temp gauge, oh and lots and lots of miles. Good luck.