ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Flamer.

I'm up on the Tesco estate but my parents live on the end of Melford Road just before you turn up into Lavenham way. I've currently got my track day trailer sitting next to their garage.

Keep an eye out for a Yellow RS250. That will be me. ;)

Picked up a pair of pole positions on Friday night.
IMG_0199.jpg

Saturday morning i set about getting them fitted, out with the old seats, carpets and other general crap.

IMG_0200.jpg

Drivers side, in and fixed.

IMG_0205.jpg

And finally the finished product. Before being hoovered ;)

IMG_0215.jpg

Actually love the seats, so comfy! And give such a better supported drive and position.

Next
Got some 3 point harnesses on the way, so ill get them fixed in this week, and lose the seatbelts, that are temporarily held in!
Coilovers are going, apex springs are going on :( and new coilovers on 05/10
And possibly move the seats, as i mounted them a bit to far towards the edge of the car, could do with being about an inch towards the centre.
Oh and fix the window again, as it broke for the 10th time since owning this car haha

Pretty pleased!

Last edited:
Nice . . . . how did you mount them in the car?

Harnesses will set them off a treat. What colour you going for? Red????

Black, to keep it nice and subtle :)

As for the seats, put the side mounts onto some 6mm steel bar, then put some big bolts through the bar onto the exsisting floor plan.
Used high tensile bolts of course.
Probably not the best way, but seems plenty strong/sturdy enough to me. Though you do sit very low now!

Can you put some pictures up of the mounts as we're in a dilemma on how to mount our seats when we get them, and your idea sounds good.

Got 2 TRS clubman harnesses at the weekend, got them off ebay pretty much two for the price of one compared to demontweeks :)
Seem alright, easy to get on and comfy so far (considering ive only done about 50miles since fitting the seats haha)
Fitted easy, eyelets in the original rear seat belt holes, hooked onto the original rail the existing seatbelts used.
Hardest bit was the eyelets near the handbrake, got some 6mm thick spreader plates made with a bolt welded on, dropped the eyelet through the old seat hole and tightened them up.
All worked realy well and seem secure enough to me :)

Few pics. (Apologies for the poor qaulity, quick snaps in between rain!)
IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

And one of the awful height the car is currently sitting at on apex springs :( roll on the 5th....
IMG_0044.jpg

And finally a few pics i never posted from an EA meet in September, props to Liquid Yellow 182 for the pics.
6137565289_7a0dbc7207_z.jpg

6137586847_dc02ed0b31_z.jpg

Tedious jobs today.

First of ditched the rubbish alan key bolts in the recaros, for some standard bolts.
Moved my seat so im actually in line with the steering wheel.
And worst of all i re-routed all of the wiring in the back of the car so its nice and clean, utter b**ch of a job to do. Looks awsome.

Got rear carbon door and boot cards on the way :) and coilovers saturday at long last!
Ohhh and East of England rolling road day at Ipswich,

Ill get some pics when its reasonably light.

Went to 519 automotive today, got the spax RSX kit fitted :)
Pretty glad i decided to get them fitted, as at least i know theyre all on properly and i wont risk damaging them through my sloppy skills :eek:
Dan is a proper sound guy and had it done in no time, handles amazingly. So im very happy! No more bouncing all over the road.

Sitting fairly high atm, might lower it a tad, even though i know its not all about the lows.
Few pics of the coilovers, and a few after i washed it ready for tomorrows RR if i make more than 160bhp I will be happy lol.
IMAG0487.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0052-1.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Whiteline ARB next friday, and some some spacers at some point :)

tempted to ditch the white soon, the wheels are getting permantly grubby and turning like a egg shell colour :( however hard i clean them.
Might do them like anthracite colour or something, unsure as of yet.

Another pic, of my free spax hat and stickers haha
IMG_0051.jpg

Few pics from the EA rolling road day, made 162bhp and 138lbft (or however you write it) Actually pretty happy with that, engine seems fairly healthy considering its 100% standard and over due a decent service :)
Oh and its only now running in at 70k ;)

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

secret
Just noticed ur thread :) ur car looks wicked mate and is coming along brilliant, love ur seats aswel matey, not sure what i wana do seat wise yet as i wana keep it suttle

Still got them coilovers for sale?

Cheers :) old coilovers are long gone!

With the seats you can barely notice them from outside, because theyre so low, black and have black harnesses.
Bucket seats made a massive difference :)

Standard seats weigh about 25kg, the recaros are under 10kg with sidemounts, that's a fair bit really.

I did get the wheel off you, im not to keen on the wheel now, gona swap it for an omp trecento soon, as my mates offered to buy this :)

Ohh picking up whiteline rear ARB tonight :) solid engine mounts next weekend also :)

Titanium 182
Ph2 rear bumper, lights and boot in flame red has come up for sale near me for a decent price.

What are peoples thoughts on this? yay or nay :)

Nay from me, your car looks squat and purposeful as it is, especially in that rolling road picture! Like it! :)

Im gona leave it as a proper ph1 (minus wheels) ive decided :)

In other news, hit a massive rabbit thing, its left its fur all over my bumper, cracked it slightly and its now hanging down at the front :( on the plus side i now have an adjustable whiteline ARB so ill get that on tomorrow with pics :)

Whiteline ARB went on today :) handles even better than before, it actualy feels like a completely different car to drive than it did two weeks ago. Absolutely love this thing at the moment.
Also lowered it 10mm all round, think ill leave it there tbh.

Whiteline fitted.
IMG_0216.jpg

Wires hidden and the general mess thats the back of my car.
IMG_0209.jpg

And abit of whoring.
IMG_0235.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Love this car. Maybe something needed to tidy the rear inside up? Faded red is heartbreaking.