ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Headlights Refurb

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
My PH1 172 headlights are getting a tint of yellow in them now, How and what would i do to make them nice and shiny again?

Any help would be great, cheers

Jap Box
Got same problem here, haven't gone about tackling it yet but some googling told me that a good rub of toothpaste on the cover will help remove some of it. Ive also heard that "PlastX" is good for the job.

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
wonder what my neighbours would think if they saw me rubbing toothpaste n my headlights :) cheers for the PlastX thing i look into that

Jap Box
what tape did you use? or what would you recommend that wont damage my paint work

Masking tape/detailing tape I assume would be best.

I have bought insulation tape from poundland though and that doesn't have much sticky on there, so it could be fine to use.

Ph 1 172
Don't bother with tape it's pointless just don't scratch the car, just take your time it's so easy to do and I'm usually s**t at this sort of thing