ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 172 Cup Rear Ride Height with Grams Springs

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Please can any of you gurus out there lighten my darkness regarding lowering springs that actually reduce the rear ride height... without the expense of going to coil-overs, that is?

I fitted the Grams kit from Kam Racing, that comprises a set of 4 lowered springs with new Cup dampers, and the fronts look fine and as eagerly anticipated. But despite the Grams blurb explaining that these springs lower the car more than Eibach Sportlines, at the rear I have found the ride height to be no different to the standard Cup springs. If anything, maybe because the Grams springs are a tad stiffer than standard, the rear ride height could actually be marginally higher!

Has anyone else experienced this disappointing result?

And can anyone suggest an alternative set of rear springs that will reduce the ride height by at least 15.0mm?
Thanks guys.
BTW I never carry rear seat passengers.

Please can any of you gurus out there lighten my darkness regarding lowering springs that actually reduce the rear ride height... without the expense of going to coil-overs, that is?

I fitted the Grams kit from Kam Racing, that comprises a set of 4 lowered springs with new Cup dampers, and the fronts look fine and as eagerly anticipated. But despite the Grams blurb explaining that these springs lower the car more than Eibach Sportlines, at the rear I have found the ride height to be no different to the standard Cup springs. If anything, maybe because the Grams springs are a tad stiffer than standard, the rear ride height could actually be marginally higher!

Has anyone else experienced this disappointing result?

And can anyone suggest an alternative set of rear springs that will reduce the ride height by at least 15.0mm?
Thanks guys.
BTW I never carry rear seat passengers.
I was going to buy the set up myself as it looked great value.
I read on here that the Grams springs are lower than Eibachs and Cooksports aonit seemed like the perfect combination with the cup shocks.
Is the rear stripped out too??

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I was going to buy the set up myself as it looked great value.
I read on here that the Grams springs are lower than Eibachs and Cooksports aonit seemed like the perfect combination with the cup shocks.
Is the rear stripped out too??
The rear isn’t stripped out as such, but for hill climbing (in the standard road-going class) I obviously remove everything from the boot, the Cup rear bench weighs next to nothing anyway, and I try to have no more than a litre or two of fuel on board. And I have no roll cage.