B Bill_s13 Car Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13 Sep 9, 2008 #1 As title really ... the box in my 52 172 cup has gone. Looking at a replacement which came from a 2003 FF , I assume they are all the same? Thanks , Bill .
As title really ... the box in my 52 172 cup has gone. Looking at a replacement which came from a 2003 FF , I assume they are all the same? Thanks , Bill .
F Fred@BTM Car Lionel Richie Sep 9, 2008 #2 no the cup box is specific because it has a speedo drive they're both JC5 129's but one has a speedo drive and the other doesn't
no the cup box is specific because it has a speedo drive they're both JC5 129's but one has a speedo drive and the other doesn't
F Fred@BTM Car Lionel Richie Sep 9, 2008 #4 i think so, its been a while since i've played with a phsquick (nice ratios in them too)
B Bill_s13 Car Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13 Sep 9, 2008 #5 Balls. I'm guessing cup gearboxes are hard to come by. Cheers though. Any confirmation on if a ph1 172 box will definately fit? Is it possible to transfer the speedo drive mechanism between boxes?
Balls. I'm guessing cup gearboxes are hard to come by. Cheers though. Any confirmation on if a ph1 172 box will definately fit? Is it possible to transfer the speedo drive mechanism between boxes?
F Fred@BTM Car Lionel Richie Sep 9, 2008 #6 cups are the most commonly written off cars in the uk, shouldn't be too hard, try specialist breakers, 01254386661 ask for matt
cups are the most commonly written off cars in the uk, shouldn't be too hard, try specialist breakers, 01254386661 ask for matt
B Bill_s13 Car Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13 Sep 9, 2008 #7 They have a few at £325 + VAT , seems about double what I'd expect to pay , unless I'm living in dream world?
They have a few at £325 + VAT , seems about double what I'd expect to pay , unless I'm living in dream world?
F Fred@BTM Car Lionel Richie Sep 9, 2008 #8 prices have gone up, i remember when 172 engines could be had for £400 or less, they're up around £700-£1K these days
prices have gone up, i remember when 172 engines could be had for £400 or less, they're up around £700-£1K these days
B Bill_s13 Car Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13 Sep 9, 2008 #10 Thanks Fred. Have bit the bullet and ordered one from cit-ren , just over £300 delivered.