ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph2 172 Gearboxes - are they all the same?

Car  Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13
As title really ... the box in my 52 172 cup has gone. Looking at a replacement which came from a 2003 FF , I assume they are all the same?

Thanks , Bill .
 
no the cup box is specific because it has a speedo drive

they're both JC5 129's but one has a speedo drive and the other doesn't
 
Balls. I'm guessing cup gearboxes are hard to come by. Cheers though.

Any confirmation on if a ph1 172 box will definately fit?

Is it possible to transfer the speedo drive mechanism between boxes?
 
cups are the most commonly written off cars in the uk, shouldn't be too hard, try specialist breakers, 01254386661 ask for matt
 
They have a few at £325 + VAT , seems about double what I'd expect to pay , unless I'm living in dream world?
 
prices have gone up, i remember when 172 engines could be had for £400 or less, they're up around £700-£1K these days
 
Back
Top