ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 172 Knocking/Creaking Noise

R26
Only noticed it this morning so hopefully a new problem.

When I pull away (forwards or reverse) in a straight line I get a knocking/creaking noise. The best way to describe it is a quiter version of the noise you get when you are holding your car on a hill using the footbrake and let go slightly. It's almost like something is rubbing on something else? Also it only happens when the car starts to move and then goes away - seems very strange. I've also noticed it occassionaly when I brake at low speed (less than 10mph).

All help/advice welcome!

Cheers

-Jas.

R26
Quick update:

Just taken the car out for a 10min spin and it seems like it's the clutch pedal squeaking. I've tried releasing the pedal at different speeds while pulling away and it makes a difference to the noise. Is this something I need to be worried about or just chalk it up to a Clio rattle?

-Jas.

learning in corsa 1.3tb
its probably the spring which the clutch pedal uses. Tbh i think its a quick 10 minute job to replace it ?? may be wrong thou