ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 Boot release on Ph1?

Honda & VW
As above, was wondering how simple it is to replace the existing little black button style boot realease with the Ph2 one?

Saw it on schweppys and like it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
1. Smashed off the old black boot pop.
2. Lined up th ph2 boot release and marked where i needed holes.
4. Drilled 3 small little holes in my boot.
5. Then fix the release arm to the ph2 boot release.
6. Placed it on the car and checked the boot worked.
7. Open the boot and tighten the bolts at the back.

Unfortantly the arc on the new ph2 is different so i noticed a very small gap around it, you may want to add a bit of sealent to stop water from getting in but it is very secure.

or the otherway is to just buy a new boot!!!

my way is cheaper as i didnt have to buy the boot release and cost me nothing to have a ph2 boot conversion also is ideal if your doing the job on ur own....

:approve: matt

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
1. Smashed off the old black boot pop.
2. Lined up th ph2 boot release and marked where i needed holes.
4. Drilled 3 small little holes in my boot.
5. Then fix the release arm to the ph2 boot release.
6. Placed it on the car and checked the boot worked.
7. Open the boot and tighten the bolts at the back.

Unfortantly the arc on the new ph2 is different so i noticed a very small gap around it, you may want to add a bit of sealent to stop water from getting in but it is very secure.

or the otherway is to just buy a new boot!!!

my way is cheaper as i didnt have to buy the boot release and cost me nothing to have a ph2 boot conversion also is ideal if your doing the job on ur own....

:approve: matt

Good job that mate, any pics? May have a crack myself if I get bored some time.