ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 not starting after breaking down

On my way back from work yesterday in my Ph2 everything seemed fine when suddenly it looked almost like a power cut everything went off headlights, dash lights even the clock reset but the engine didn't cut out. Worried I rolled to a stop at the side of the road where it was safe just before reaching the motorway, all the dash warning lights had come on including STOP, Battery and engine management on the far right.

I then turned the engine off then tried to start it again but nothing other then a click, all electrics seem to work fine stereo, heading, lights but the car doesn't even try to turn over. The battery and stop warning lights stay on when I turn the ignition and the immobilizer light turns off. With the bonnet up I can hear several clicks from around the fusebox sort of area when turning the key so power is being sent and a louder click can be heared which I'm guessing if the fuel pump.

I have tried earthing the engine to the battery but this doesn't change anything. Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

SQ5
Battery has gone below its optimum charge level, more than likely due to your alternator failing.

New alternator needed and a jump start.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
gearbox earth strap's my guess

Alternator failing would throw up a light before the battery got low enough to kill it. Mine ran (like s**t, but it ran) on 6v for about 3 miles when my alternator lead came unattached