ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 1/2

Phase 1 1/2
The rear or a phase 2 and the front of a phase 1 or vice versa
Has anyone done this before, or is it possible?

If you know anyone that has post a picture I'd like to see :D

Corby

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ph2 bits on a ph1 will look same as a ph2.

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB 182 cup
Angry phase 1 owner.

But hes right, phase 1 should stay phase 1. They are worth the least right now, but trust the phase 1 will be the most valueable along trophy i suppose, if you cover it in phase 2 stuff it will ruin the look and devalue it.

My phase 1 is all phase 1. A lot of people put phase 2 lights and bumpers on but it doesnt look good.

The only phase 2 bits i think looks good on a phase 1 is the cup spoiler and the metal foot rest that goes to the left of the clutch pedal.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Flol, I have a love and yes everything you said I agree.

Cup spoiler is the only ph2 bit that should find its way onto a ph1.

They make it look great. :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh as far as price, good ones are getting hard to find and are making good money.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Cup Spoiler, PH2 bumper, PH2 lights + recessed exhaust.

DONE.

ignore the sheep......

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Im sure there was a thread where someone had a ph2 front end on a ph1.

Search the ph1 appreciation thread as there is plenty of pics of ph1's running ph2 rear bumpers, cup spoilers, rear lights, etc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Only parts allowed from a ph2 is cup spoiler and rear lights, anything else and you WILL be burned at the stake.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ph1 ftw. The only thing I'd change is the spoiler.

I haven't got a stealth exhaust though, they don't sound as good (reverberates behind the bumper and into the cabin imho)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
PH2 Rear bumper don't even fit right on the 1/4 panel.

The lines just don't flow.

Norris1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
It's all personal choice ph2 rear bumper and lights on mine although I still have the original stuff in storage!!

RenaultSport 172
I have ph2 rear lights on mine which I prefer. But every now and then I think about putting some originals back on.

The dashboard and steering wheels are the worst part of the ph1 if you ask me

RenaultSport 172
3282616536_ab7cf17918_b.jpg

172, Tiguan
The light surrounds are the ballache, though it's a winter project for mine. I'll probably get a bodyshop to cut the old ones out and weld the ph2 surrounds. Everything else is already ph2 already.

It's been done already once or twice so certainly possible.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The light surrounds are the ballache, though it's a winter project for mine. I'll probably get a bodyshop to cut the old ones out and weld the ph2 surrounds. Everything else is already ph2 already.

It's been done already once or twice so certainly possible.

Oh yeah definitely possible, but not something you can do on the drive in half an hour like the rear end.

god knows why you want to wreck your ph1 with a ph2 front though mate!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Purely because it winds people up a treat :D

Seems a weird reason to ruin your own car.

If you do a good job though people will just think you have a rubbish private plate on a ph2, I doubt they will even realise it it as ph1 with the epicness rubbed off.

172, Tiguan
Seems a weird reason to ruin your own car.

If you do a good job though people will just think you have a rubbish private plate on a ph2, I doubt they will even realise it it as ph1 with the epicness rubbed off.

Its a Y plate, so could've been a phase 2. I much prefer the phase 2 front end personally.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its a Y plate, so could've been a phase 2. I much prefer the phase 2 front end personally.
Yeah dan had a y plate.

I like ph1 front more generally but it does depend on colour a bit. I didn't like our silver ph1 but prefer it on the black one.