ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

phase 1 172 side skirt question

As some of you may or may not know im currently changing my 1.4 mark2 phase 1 to look like a 172, so far i have :

New front end , new wings. Now i need to sort out some 172 side skirts, have spoken to Reno leics about them and they are about £90 each. Only thing is they arent sure exactly what else is needed to make them fit, or if indeed they will fit onto my car,

Now i have the new wings which are cut away to accomodate the side skirts, just need to know wot else is required.

cheers

Tom

does any1 have the part codes for the side skirts and fitting kits, because reno r so sh*te they have to have details of your car to find the parts

This pic should make it clear how there fitted.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1084738650__err.jpg

You need 6 of the clips shown on each side (you could bond the skirts on if you want though)

The part numbers are

60 00 073 577 PANEL £81.97 ex vat for part 2 on the drawing

60 00 073 578 SIDE SKIRT £81.97 ex vat for part 1 on the drawing

77 03 072 209 RVT TN1788B/1837B £0.63 ex vat for part 6 on the drawing

77 03 016 340 SCREW RE T/NOTE69 £0.38 ex vat for part 3 on the drawing

77 03 072 047 RIVET £0.48 ex vat for part 5 on the drawing

77 01 206 434 KIT ADJUSTERS £5.92 ex vat for part 4 on the drawign (not sure how many in a pack though)

WTF SO I NEED A PANEL AND SKIRT OFR EACH SIDE!!!!:eek:

thanks very much for that edde! im in a state of shock tho , if im doing the sums right, its going to cost me over £400 for all the bits + Painting!

Quote: Originally posted by tom_1.4_16v on 16 May 2004

WTF SO I NEED A PANEL AND SKIRT OFR EACH SIDE!!!!:eek:

thanks very much for that edde! im in a state of shock tho , if im doing the sums right, its going to cost me over £400 for all the bits + Painting!
Nope soory you need one part for one side the other for the other side.

Doing a 172 look alike isnt cheap. Think it costs £2k without fitment or painting. And thats with friends at Renault helping out.
What I mean is part 1 is for the drivers side and part 2 for the passengers side.

it cosst me so far £800 for the front end and wings fitted and painted. HOWEVER my front end needed replacing got it done under insurance, and the body shop just fited 172 bits to it.

went to reno and they quoted me £450 all in to sort the side skirts.