ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Steve2004, show me a mint low mileage ph-2 for £4000?? As thats what Niel is selling.

Scirocco GT 210
Steve2004, show me a mint low mileage ph-2 for £4000?? As thats what Niel is selling.

His advert says £4,150?

Well ok "plenty of ph2s" was said without me really thinking about it. :eek: A
(very) quick look on Autotrader brought up a couple of ph2s with similar miles for that money. So I deffo jumped the gun with that comment.

However, there are plenty of newer ph1s (X and Y reg) with less miles for less money. There are also more in worse shape for even more money.

Plus I've just got rid of my ph1 clio (X reg with 57k miles) and I would have been over the moon with getting anywhere near £4k for it, as ph1s just aren't worth that much anymore.

They were only worth £6k when I bought mine 3 and a half years ago!

Steve,

With all due respect i have just sold my ph 1 172 for 3.9k.

Picture011.jpg

Picture003.jpg

I understand the car was not standard, but it was a 2000 W plate, with 90k on it, and it was regarded as one of the best ph 1's on this site.

Neils has less miles and its a standard uk car, there are loads of imports out there too, one thing worth considering as well.

As i said 4k ono

Scirocco GT 210
Steve,

With all due respect i have just sold my ph 1 172 for 3.9k.

As said, it's not standard. Plus how long did it take you to sell?

And besides, cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, you were fortunate enough to find a buyer willing to pay the price you wanted.

1 week

Stand corrected by Rich, i was undecided how i was selling the car.

Once i had decided i put the car up for sale as it was with the wheels etc and it was sold within a week, and collected about 1.5 weeks after when the plate had come off.

Last edited:
The problem is 172 FF's are getting cheaper all the time because 182's are getting cheaper and thats down to the fact 197s are on the scene, there is a used 197 in the for sale section for £9.5k!!

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I will be happy to get £3k for mine. It helps that I already have another car to use, so I do not have to spend out of what I sell it for.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
tbh at the time it was a good price, but since the 197s have come on the 2nd hand market the older ones have plumited in price

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
so still no interest but i have had 4 swap offers...........maybe if i get desperate...lol

for:

a vectra sri
a corrolla GT4

an audi A3 1.8 T + cash from me

and today to add insult to injury - a bloody MG convertible

ffs