ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 2000 vs phase 1 2001

Clio rs phase 1
Hi
unfortunately there is slightly different information.
but phase 1 of 2001
does it have an aluminum bonnet like the 2000 model?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Random parts bin from Renault - some had, some didn't. But wasn't it only Titanium colours that possibly had them from new?
My old Ph1 which was a 2001 didn't but my new one which is 2000 does.
Stick a magnet to it to test, although the aluminium ones are very light so you will notice straight away lifting it.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Mine is a March registered 2001 Phase 1 Iceberg (Originally) (One of the last) and it came with steel bonnet

Sourced an Ally one from ebay, and took a nice little drive to Somerset to get it for £60

Clio rs phase 1
Mine is a March registered 2001 Phase 1 Iceberg (Originally) (One of the last) and it came with steel bonnet

Sourced an Ally one from ebay, and took a nice little drive to Somerset to get it for £60
in your country you are very lucky
I have seen several used parts online sites
the prices are much, much lower than me

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
2001 didn't, only the early cars did to my knowledge

My late 2000 titanium didn't, it was steel

my current 2001 didnt, it was steel as well but I have since replaced it with an alloy one

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
My black phase 1 has the alloy bonnet. Registered right at the start of January 2001.
As far as I can tell it’s what came with the car from factory as the bolts haven’t been disturbed, no paint missing off the heads/marks.