ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 Electronics

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Hi, all

On the back of http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?649475-HELP-! I really need some advice on where to go next, I've ordered a code reader to see if it will communicate with the ECU - at the moment the car will crank and fuel just not spark (Or in my case not strong enough) the AA guy was getting a very low Voltage reading from the connector to the Coilpack (Live) and he said check the wiring. I've yanked the engine loom out and followed it back and there are no breaks in the line to the ECU. I believe the Phase 1 setup differs greatly from the Phase 2 - Can anybody advise at all :(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the state of the three blade fuses in the engine bay fuse box (30A, 15A and 5A) and make sure they're all clean and free of corrosion. Replace the fuses if necessary.

Mick

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Hi, Mick

I believe this was the first thing he checked, the spades seem to have a little green on them but otherwise ok - Will try swapping them over from the 1.4

I've had to sorn it yesterday and arrange another way to work, the cars literally in bits at the moment.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Test it with a meter... I bet you've got 12v one side and less on the other

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Well code reader arrived and it connected to the ECU fine, couldn't see any stored faults though so perhaps the ECU is fine and seeing what it needs.

Must be a dodgy connection somewhere.

Mick - I have a receipt from 2009 for a car from an auto electric place with the following "Voltage drop on main supply to ECU, traced through system & found poor connections & faulty main relay in external fuse box, replaced - cleaned relays and connections"

Could well be the same thing again ? I assume its the same loom.