ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 Left Driveshaft

Clio 172 Ph1
I've just been on the phone to Mick at Diamond motors, my Ph1 is in need of a left hand side driveshaft. I hear it's impossible to get OEM ones now, and hard to find a good quality aftermarket one. Are there any recommended go-to vendors?

Also potentially in need of a JC5 089 gearbox, but can not afford until mid Feb.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Some good info in here:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've just been on the phone to Mick at Diamond motors, my Ph1 is in need of a left hand side driveshaft. I hear it's impossible to get OEM ones now, and hard to find a good quality aftermarket one. Are there any recommended go-to vendors?

Also potentially in need of a JC5 089 gearbox, but can not afford until mid Feb.
I’ve got a 129 that I can build up as a 089 if you’re interested mate?

Clio 172 Ph1
I’ve got a 129 that I can build up as a 089 if you’re interested mate?
Oh wow, I might have to take you up on that. Would it take the ph1 (1 piece) or ph2 (2 piece afaik) driveshafts?

Mick is inspecting my gearbox on the 10th Feb, and I'm gonna wait to see what he says about it before I pull any triggers on anything. Is it alright if I give you a shout maybe after I've heard his opinion?

Clio 172 Ph1
Some good info in here:
Thanks so much, that's really helpful!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Oh wow, I might have to take you up on that. Would it take the ph1 (1 piece) or ph2 (2 piece afaik) driveshafts?

Mick is inspecting my gearbox on the 10th Feb, and I'm gonna wait to see what he says about it before I pull any triggers on anything. Is it alright if I give you a shout maybe after I've heard his opinion?
A 129 is a direct replacement for a 089 mate, so it’ll take the shafts. The only difference between the 129 and 089 is the final drive ratio is different on the 089.

Yeah that’s fine mate. Just let me know and I can get it sorted if you need one.

Clio 172 Ph1
A 129 is a direct replacement for a 089 mate, so it’ll take the shafts. The only difference between the 129 and 089 is the final drive ratio is different on the 089.

Yeah that’s fine mate. Just let me know and I can get it sorted if you need one.
Ok cool - I'm aware of the final drive difference (and in honesty would prefer to keep the 089's longer gearing). I just wasn't sure if the shafts would fit!

I'll give you a buzz nearer the 10th of Feb, thanks again!