ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

phase 1 non sport steering wheel be used with the phase 1 airbag and horn arrangement

mx5
Sorry about the long title.

Basically phase 1 steering wheel is nackered. Having had a look around its impossible to find a good nick sport wheel.

There are a few standard wheels about that have the air bag and horn as one unit rather than the airbag seperate to the two horn buttons like the phase 1 172.

Can the two be inter changed?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: phase 1 non sport steering wheel be used with the phase 1 airbag and horn arrange

Yes. I've no idea how, but i've had a ph1 172 that came with a 1.2 steering wheel fitted so I know it can be done.

Clio 182 trophy
Re: phase 1 non sport steering wheel be used with the phase 1 airbag and horn arrange

i have a mint phase 1 sport wheel with airbag. cant post because of the airbag but can meet if locallish to bristol????

Megane dci 130

For the record, I fitted a non sport plastic wheel to my phase one. Just simply got rid of the horns on the wheel and used the one on the light stalk.

Such an improvement and cheap as chips.