ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phase 1 rear bumper...

Ph1 Red Clio 172
Hello every one,

I have got a flame red 172 2000, I am wanting to get a 182 double exhaust bumper, could i just be neat and cut some holes or better to get a new bumper completely ?

cheers

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Cutting 2x holes in a PHS 1 bumper wouldn't cut it for me mate. Wouldn't look right due to factory shape, ie with little bit missing. Better to do on a PHS 2 bumper, or leave as Papa intended FTW;)

I put a K-Tec 182 look exhaust on my Phase 1. Just bought a secondhand 182 bumper and stuck it on.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I assumed you wanted the exhaust cut outs as you wanted to fit a replica 182 exhaust or something?

If this isn't the case, then find yourself a ph2 172 in flame red and it'll pretty much bolt straight on barr the two holes I mentioned, and the colour should match nicely. :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I am SO confused.

So you've got a ph1 172 with a ph2 172 rear bumper???

If so, why would you want a ph2 182 bumper? As that is EXACTLY the same as the ph2 172 bumper but with two cut outs for the exhaust?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
yer, and i want the back of my car to look like a proper 182 with 2 exhausts lol

So why did you ask this?

and the exhaust cut outs ?

Basically, what you need to do is:

Get a 182 rear bumper.

Respray it the colour of your car

Buy a 182 look exhaust from someone like KTEC, as a standard one won't work (you have a spare wheel well and the 182 doesnt). - The exhaust you want is just a twin pipe with some clever pipe work to avoid the spare wheel.

Done.