ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 serv light

db98

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 1
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me regarding the serv light on my phase 1. I understand it will come on with the airbag light, and the airbag light does occasionally come on as they do but the serv light has always been illuminated on its own since I had the car, what are the possible causes for this and how would I go about switching it off? Thanks in advance.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Buy a cheap obd reader from amazon, a well reviewed £20 one should give you a fault code as the Service light can come one for various reasons but if it was just the airbag connection being loose both serv light and airbag light come on and go off together.

db98

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 1
Okay thanks for the info, what are the reasons that could possibly cause the light to come on by itself?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Fairly certain the SERV light shouldn't light up on it's own, should be in combination with another light, like the airbag one. Code reader time as above.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Okay thanks for the info, what are the reasons that could possibly cause the light to come on by itself?
So many things can cause it but the o2 sensors around the catalytic converter on the exhaust are a common issue.