ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 service light?

Clio 172 Phase 1
Hi all

I have recently bought a phase 1 clio sport and serviced it. The "service" light has been constantly illuminated. There are no other lights illuminated on the dash, airbag engine light etc as ive read in other threads
Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks
​Graeme

IIRC you press and hold the trip reset button while turning the ignition on. I'm sure this is how I managed it in both my Ph1 and Ph2.

Nothing to do with a lambda sensor as mentioned above.

Clio 172 Phase 1
clio.jpg

Looks like this! "SERV" light. Also the red light in the middle sometimes stays on. Something to do with the alarm? It flashes for a few seconds before start up. And actually wont wont start till its finished flashing.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
if there red light is flashing then thats a bad sign
mines used to do it, slowly got worse and worse until one day it stopped working and i was stuck

new key required.
£100 from renault

better getting keycare added on to your insurance and saying you lost it

Clio 172 Phase 1
Has this anything to dowith it??
Found this plugged into my obd2 under ashtray. Think its something to do with the alarm? maybe a coder for the alarm? Has a button and a flashing blue led. Is this standard?

clioobd2.jpg

You'll need a renault specific code reader to read any codes from the system if its displaying the SERV light.

​Also, that thing plugged in to your OBD port is definitely not standard. Shouldn't have anything plugged in.

Megane dci 130
That unit is an aftermarket device which bypasses the immobiliser. It sends the code to the decoder rather than the key doing it. The cars obviously had a fault in the past!