ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 throttle body, pipe on bottom?

RB 182
hi there, I've fitted a ph1 throttle body to my ph2 as it sits in a kit car, the body is actually fitted upside down for space reasons..

does anyone know what the pipe does and where it goes as I've actually taken it off and blanked it, but I have a feeling it maybe essential for idle?

can anyone help? many thanks
Andrew

172%20throttle%20body.jpg

RB 182
so it has no baring on the idle? currently I just let the one on the back of the engine go to a filter(shown as number 3 on the pic below?
what%20are%20these%20pipes%20for.jpg

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i dont think it would do anything to the idle, people have fit catch tanks to standard setups before, therefore bypassing the oil inlet on the plenum

whats wrong with the idle? too high, too low?

what have you done with the pipe/outlet that comes out on the left hand side of the engine as you look at it? if that's not blocked or connected to the carbon cannister it will idle very high

RB 182
it's just really rough, I'm running a standalone emerald setup.. I just can't seem to get an idle.. I think I just need to play around with figures a little more as I didn't really have any base values

PH1 172 Sport
ph1s have an idle control valve fitted to the inlet where your number 2 is on that picture i expect not having one could be the source of your problems.

RB 182
I'm currently using that as my feed (vacuum) to the brake servo.. what does this control valve look like? and how does it work?

thanks for your help with this

is that a phase 2 plenum you are using there? with a ph1 throttle housing bolted to it?

PH1 172 Sport
The flat bit to the left of the number 2 is normally where the ICV is.

The actual connector that your highlighting for the number 2 isn't on the PH1 inlet IIRC.

im pretty sure the outlet circled 2 is there on the ph1 plenum, i remember hooking my vacuum pipe up to it and thinking 'jesus that sits close to the cable guide'

Lots of Alfas
As already mentioned on the ph1 plenum it has the provisions on the back for the idle control valve, im surprised your getting any kind of idle at all!!

You can seethe icv in the pic below, the ph1 does have that outlet circled number 2, that goes down the back somewhere, cannot remember where. The idle control valve gets its air from another pipe going from that to the elbow. Number 3 goes to number 1:

IMG_2117.jpg

Ph1
You sure thats not a 182 plenum?

Im running a ph1 with a ph2 plenum and it had the hole for the ICV where as looking at the photo's yours dosent :S

IIRC number 1 usually goes to inlet pipe, number 2 is your brake vac pipe and number 3 links to your ICV

ITB'd MK1
You sure thats not a 182 plenum?

Im running a ph1 with a ph2 plenum and it had the hole for the ICV where as looking at the photo's yours dosent :S

IIRC number 1 usually goes to inlet pipe, number 2 is your brake vac pipe and number 3 links to your ICV

only PH1 plenums have the ICV hole

Ph1
Plenum im running now is a ph2 with the hole for the ICV. The whole engine came only had 14k on the clock, 1 owner and was a 02 plate, (roughly only a year old at the time of breaking) so not sure if there was variations :S - strange one