ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 2 172 exclusive?? Did such an edition exist?

Mini
I am going to see a phase 2 172 tomorrow after months and months of looking. The owner says on the V5 it refers to as an exclusive?? I didn't think such a beast existed except for the scarab green phase 1.

Could someone better educated than myself enlighten me??

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
172 exclusive is ph1 only.
172no produced in scarab green.

e997569571a68d32979bc3de482c5c69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe he means Mk2? As mentioned above, it'll be ph1 only which they made 172 of.

Mk1 is the Williams shape, Mk2 is the 172/182. Ph1 and Ph2 fall into that category. Then it goes Mk3 for the 197/200 and so on.

Mini
It's a Mk2 phase 2 by the understanding above. The car is silver which set me off as I remember the exclusive being only in green. Thanks for clearing that up guys

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It is Iceberg Silver!!! Are you a wizard??!!

I wish! Been a Renault sport fan for a few years so got to know the colours.

Ph1 172's came in both iceberg silver and titanium silver. Ph2 172's only came in iceberg silver and ph2 182's only came in titanium silver.

Has an ass like a wizards sleeve.

Aparantly...

It's spelt apparently, you div.

But it's also true.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I wish! Been a Renault sport fan for a few years so got to know the colours.

Ph1 172's came in both iceberg silver (99 of them) and titanium silver. Ph2 172's only came in iceberg silver and ph2 182's only came in titanium silver.

It's spelt apparently, you div.

But it's also true.

Added geekery since why not.

RB Clio 182
Has an ass like a wizards sleeve.

Aparantly...
I gave him his baggy sleeve with great pleasure.

I also like to shout down it so i can hear my voice over and over again, echoing like im in a dark empty room, waiting for Mark to walk into wearing only a floral robe and crocs.

Mmmmmmmm :yum:

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
there was a mk1 1.8 16v registered as "Exclusive" on its logbook also. Think it's just a dvla mistake

Mini
Well I bought the car, it was a bit dirty but the sixty year old owner did me a good deal. 54k on the clock with all original miles etc for the princely sum of £1200. 3 owners from new and tomorrow I collect it. So happy right now

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely stuff mate!

Get some pics when you get a chance and, if you can, pay for full membership. It will then cover the whole site for a year and there is so much info on here.

Access to the marketplace and guides section alone pays for itself.

Mini
Lovely stuff mate!

Get some pics when you get a chance and, if you can, pay for full membership. It will then cover the whole site for a year and there is so much info on here.

Access to the marketplace and guides section alone pays for itself.

The plan is to join on here, I would like to get it back straight but it needs a clean first as it is very dirty. All moss and greenery. I'm going to get it up on here don't worry.

Mini
Drive well etc?

Yes, touch wood it drove well. The car is on some terrible after market wheels which will be coming off. The car rides ok but not sure if this feels worse due to the cheap wheels. The exhaust is blowing and the interior smells of dog but on the whole it is good. It's an Iceberg with 56k on the clock from new which I think for a 14 year old car is good.