ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 3 China Blue Supercharged 306 GTI-6

LY Megane R26 230
Well it had to happen again at some point so her I am back in a 306!

Since the age of 21 i've had 3 306 Rallyes (1 black,1 white and 1 red) a White phase 2 306 GTI-6,a phase 3 Moonstone Blue GTI-6 and a previous Phase 3 China Blue 306 GTI-6!!!

Also owned 4 clio 172's (phase 1 172,2 phase 2 172's and a 172 cup)

As you can most probably work out from the title I now own a China Blue Supercharged 306 once again,it was only a matter of time before I was back in a fine french hatch and something special came up locally for a very good price.

Car in question has been bought from a fellow 306 gti6.com forum member

The China 6 is just a Low Boost Version but enough to keep me entertained as its purely a weekend/toy car for me.It has a great spec and has plenty of nice bits fitted so I should be happy for some time with her.

Anyway enough of my bulls**t lets get some pics up of the new love of my life

View attachment 20151224_123846_zpsplhuszzl.jpg

View attachment 20151224_124137_zpsnuk8stpr.jpg

View attachment 20151224_124122_zpsvdttsl51.jpg

View attachment 20151224_123952_zps5c13b2l3.jpg

View attachment 20151224_124056_zpsuked72oj.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Very nice . I love 306's . I wish they still made them , I'd have one in a heartbeat if they did . I used to have an S16 many moons ago and I absolutely loved it . Like bill said . It will surprise a few people I would imagine , It looks so understated .

LY Megane R26 230
That's certainly going to surprise a few lol

Yeah its approx 250bhp and suprised a Astra VXR on the way home! :wink:

I love that! Fancy a swap for an Impreza??

Sorry Dan,I have a deep love for these french hatches and this one's a keeper.

Thank you Ian.

Very nice Ash!! Didnt you own a low boost china on turinis before?

Yes and there's similar plans afoot for this one.

Plans are to fit a Xsara VTS ream beam with a Hybrid ARB and Xsara VTS front struts and springs and I've found some lightweight 16's to fit too! :cool:

LY Megane R26 230
I never liked you...

That makes two of us! :smile:

Shall be in brizzle in a few weeks you're welcome to have a drive then if you want?

Love it. What power do they make at low boost?

Low boost power should be around 240-260 bhp dependant on intercooler etc.this has a high boost intercooler so hopefully the top end of the figures.

Seen that before for sale I think. Looks great!

Yeah its been up for a while and sadly it run out of mot and needs a few little bits addressing but for what I paid it was a steal!

LY Megane R26 230
Very nice . I love 306's . I wish they still made them , I'd have one in a heartbeat if they did . I used to have an S16 many moons ago and I absolutely loved it . Like bill said . It will surprise a few people I would imagine , It looks so understated .

Yeah without the badges it could pass for an hdi or even a 1.8 xs! Only thing that gives a hint that its been modified are the Wilwood calipers.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Love that, a lot.

What kind of power does it have? I hustled a sorted XSI round the ring nicely and that only had 120BHP, so this must be a lot of fun!

Edit. Just seen 250BHP, that must be about perfect !

Skoda Fabia VRS
Awesome, just awesome. Love the fact it has the whole sleeper look about it too!
Where abouts in Wales are you from mate?

LY Megane R26 230
Awesome! Personally a big fan of these Pug's
Top work bud!

Thank you,cant wait to get her all sorted and on the road!
Love that, a lot.

What kind of power does it have? I hustled a sorted XSI round the ring nicely and that only had 120BHP, so this must be a lot of fun!

Edit. Just seen 250BHP, that must be about perfect !

Yeah TBH i've been in a High boost version (circa 400bhp) and its just too much.The 250 bhp is perfect for the GTI-6 chassis.

Awesome, just awesome. Love the fact it has the whole sleeper look about it too!
Where abouts in Wales are you from mate?

Yeah i was planning to change the wheels for something a bit bigger but as you said it looks standard and no one knows its got that power on tap

I'm in Swansea,whereabouts are you?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
That 90deg kink before the inlet upsets me, but apart from that, looks like an ANIMAL

LY Megane R26 230
My mate has a high boost one and it puts the power down extremely well ..

Who's you mate Doody? Might know him as it's quite a tight knit group on 306 gti6.

That 90deg kink before the inlet upsets me, but apart from that, looks like an ANIMAL

Yeah not my choice but seems ok for high boost so should be ok on mine.

Started buying bits already and have got a cambelt kit to got and alloys to refurb over new years weekend.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
IMAG1186.jpg

Ben Gregory

LY Megane R26 230
Needs a diesel badge on the back.

Nice motor!

Thank you,i'm thinking either HDI badges or 1.8 XS badges to suprise a few people

Awesome. A car I never had but wanted. Was close to buying a rallye but didn't.

They are fantastic cars,as good as the 1*2 just a bit more stable at high speeds

Looks great Ash! Never been in a charged 6,
bet it fly's! Needs an OE front splitter and door badges

Yeah its a bit quick! Th only reason I bought it was the fact i missed the Black Rallye I bought from you so much and needed sonething fun back in my life. Splitter and badges are a must I agree.

Clio 182
A 40,000 mile gti 6 was offered to me the other day for £500.
One elderly owner from new and fsh.

Couldn't bring myself to take it though.

LY Megane R26 230
So as usual my cars gets treated better than the women in my life (maybe that's why I'm single :laughing:) and I've been buying the little bits that the car was missing

First up is a splitter for the front bumper,not the best condition but was cheap and wasn't the 55 plus vat peugeot wanted for a new one!

20160111_191717_zpsuhmrpm3n.jpg

Next up was some 'GTI-6' badges as there were none on the car when i bought it,also bought some Xsara jet washers as there give a better spray pattern that the standard items.The 'GTI' Badges are Rover ones I bought from Ebay as the Peugeot ones are crazy price as per usual.

20160111_185539_zps6d5fgqjj.jpg

Also sourced new door vinyl pillar trims from a 306 forum member who does replica stickers/graphics

20160113_105925_zpsgdc9ecp1.jpg

20160113_110000_zpstafjcvdu.jpg

And just picked up some spare alloys to refurb :up:

20160113_111915_zpshzwcqgo9.jpg

Clio 197
good to see these still kicking about, had an XSi years ago - didnt have it too long though.
Always good to have a spare set of wheels too :smile:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I can remember being on GTI-6/Rallye forum years ago and someone with a charged 6 posted an in-car video that the police had taken of him accelerating down a dual carriageway. You can hear one of the policemen say bloody hell that thing shifts.