ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 3 China Blue Supercharged 306 GTI-6

LY Megane R26 230
good to see these still kicking about, had an XSi years ago - didnt have it too long though.
Always good to have a spare set of wheels too :smile:

Can never have too many sets of wheels! :)

I can remember being on GTI-6/Rallye forum years ago and someone with a charged 6 posted an in-car video that the police had taken of him accelerating down a dual carriageway. You can hear one of the policemen say bloody hell that thing shifts.

Yeah it catches a few people out as once your past 3k it goes a bit crazy

OH YES.

That. Is. Proper.

Tidy it up and you'll have a keeper.

Thank you.

I'm gonna make sure it mechanically sound before I use it at the beginning of feb then come Sept/Oct ill be pulling it off the road to paint/clean the underside.I can only thank the previous owner who had it for 10 years and kept it in grear condition.

LY Megane R26 230
So after my massive win on the lottery last sat (£123 for 4 balls) I decided to buy more bits for the car

20160113_155431_zps3weqlqyp.jpg

Got everything needed to give it a good service bar the rotrex traction fluid and a few other bits like clutch cable and handbrake cables as mine don't look the best.

LY Megane R26 230
So as my China needed a few little this I did the only wise thing and bought another car! Hopefully my man maths is solid and worth the investment :laughing:

20160117_132304_zpsydhcnuki.jpg

20160117_132316_zpsk1x1wdii.jpg

Car in question is Jamie_uk2000's old car (306gti6.com) which I know quiet well as i sold Jamie the car originally after putting a low mileage xsara engine into it 8 years ago and then selling him some of the modifications. Jamie had converted the car into a track day car but had lost the bug and it sat for 18 months outside his house.Time has come for him to move on and I made him a offer to buy the old girl back.

The car has many goodies such as a massive 330mm 406 V6 Brembo set up!!!!!,Full Jetex exhaust system,roller bearing bottom arms and a rebuilt beam with 21mm torsion bars just to name some of the goodies.

Sadly the old girl is past saving so i'll be taking the bits i want and selling the rest hopefully to cover the purchase cost :up:

Here's a few pics of some the goodies I had

20160117_132412_zpsgmyx8vma.jpg

20160117_132553_zpsvzoxqk3n.jpg

20160117_132707_zpsymteuvpt.jpg

20160117_141458_zpsi1n4jh65.jpg

LY Megane R26 230
I haven't had the chance to fit all the goodies taken off the Diablo yet (rose jointed gear linkages/rebuilt rear beam with 21mm tb's/roller bearing bottom arms/Jetex system/lower strut brace) due to weather so it turned my attention to the inside and bought these beauties :hearteyes:

2016-01-28%2021.13.05_zpsz5rdsd2r.jpg

Another member has managed to fit these to his own GTI6 so I'm planning on doing the same but mine are full leather and have power motors fitted that I need to figure out how to power them :astonished:

LY Megane R26 230
After i've been back in the China for a few weeks i've noticed a few things that I forgotten about 6 ownership.

The main one being the fact that the clutches can get so heavy over time on them so a quick pop on GSF's website and this was bought

View attachment 20160201_151606_zpskkrcuf3e.jpg

Also bought a new cable a few weeks back and will get new gearbox bushes from Pug to make sure it's nice and light!

LY Megane R26 230
Happy Valentine's day to the one I love!

View attachment 20160213_184610_zpsckl3mehm.jpg

Last sunday started with a 5am wake up call to meet Chris Joy aka darkgti6.

Sadly just after Christmas Chris' car was involved in an accident and was written off. His loss was my gain as I managed to buy loads of goodies for the China at a great price.

Now its just the small matter of fitting them all :D

182 FF, 306 Rallye
Cyclones and a 30mm drop are the way forward :up: Whats with the exhaust? Looks to be pointing downwards? Otherwise looks great

LY Megane R26 230
Cyclones and a 30mm drop are the way forward :up: Whats with the exhaust? Looks to be pointing downwards? Otherwise looks great

It's just a funny angle but ill be taking the scorpion system off for a Jetex as the Jetex flows better with the S/C set up but is quieter.

The drop is all in hand ;)

LY Megane R26 230
Well its not in bits yet and I'm not 100% it will go that way it's just something I'm considering at this time.

LY Megane R26 230
So had a day off from work last week and in between washing machine loads I decided to wash and polish the 306.

Always felt that something was missing since I've had the car and never been a fan of how it looked.Then it hit me :fearscream: it doesn't look right without badges!!!

So I bust out the Rover 'GTI' Badges I bought off eBay and the red '6' badges bought off ilovewilly and fitted them

20160219_135447_zpspaaacm8y.jpg

20160219_135520_zpsfxeaixd9.jpg
20160219_135630_zpsbxcjcrm2.jpg

LY Megane R26 230
Also have decided that the Pro race 1.2's are staying as I love the way they feel on the car and how the Wilwoods look behind them

20160219_134659_zpsro0yvt62.jpg

And finally one of the old girl washed and polished

20160219_134541_zpsb1a7j0gr.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I really like the wheels. Sleepers do nothing at all for me. It's modified so it should look like it.

Little drop and will be spot on.

LY Megane R26 230
I really like the wheels. Sleepers do nothing at all for me. It's modified so it should look like it.

Little drop and will be spot on.

Thanks,the wheels have grown on me too!

If I decide to keep it i've got bilstein shocks with Eibach springs for the front and a rebuilt rear beam with uprated tb's to go one her

Last edited:
  LY Megane R26 230
So after a few weeks of uncertainty about keeping/selling/breaking the 306 I have decided to keep her a little bit longer :smile:

So went to a Rolling Road meet with the South Wales Pistonheads yesterday at GotBoost in Bridgend.

Always wanted to put a car on the rollers and the 6 was the perfect choice as I wanted to make sure she was healthy and fueling right

20160305_092221_zpsicvrjdw0.jpg

LY Megane R26 230
So after £35 quid and 3 nervous runs watching some guy give the old girl the beans I had a nice laminated piece of paper :tongueclosed:

20160305_140259_zpsnubtvivz.jpg

Guy said it's very healthy and the curves are all good :up:

Made 179bhp at the wheels so approx 230 bhp at the flywheel.very happy with this as she's running a standard cat and exhaust which are costing me 20 bhp!

Plans are to stop being a whiney b**ch,sort out fitting a few things and just enjoy her.

LY Megane R26 230
So another week, another change of plan and a new car :smile:

Looks like this fat ass b**ch will be replacing the 306 so it's a case possibly leaving the 306 fold once again! :tongueclosed:

2016-03-14%2022.17.01_zpsamh8fmnc.png

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
These have grown on me a lot recently. Whilst I like the 306, I'd take the Megane all day long. If it was a standard GTI-6 it might be different, but that's just because of my weird attitude towards forced induction on normally aspirated hot hatches lol.

Meg looks good in red. Would ditch the wind deflectors though, really can't stand them on anything.

LY Megane R26 230
So the China had been sold!

Decided to have a change from the 306 scene after being in and out of it for the last 10 years and the LB S/C went to its new owner last sat.

Got messed around by seller of red megane and when I went to view it was an absolute nail.almost gave up looking then this came along..........

Spend an epic 14 hour round trip picking this up

2016-04-02%2004.35.10_zpsxj3w2vo5.png