ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Philips blue vision side lights

Rs197r27

Ive Just spent the last hour tring to get my side light holders out so that I can replace the standard bulbs with the blue vision type, It seams that the holders just keep on turning around and not coming out with a quarter turn like the manual sugests. Any sugestions please.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Could you turn them a quarter turn in the opposite direction to the way you have been turning them?

HOW DID YOU GO WITH YOUR LIGHTS? IM LOOKING AT DOING THE SAME BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS AN IMPROVEMENT IN BRIGHTNESS IN LIGHT OVER THE FACTORY BULBS(AND OF COURSE THAT AWESOME BLUE LOOK).

Ive just bought some ultra-brite LED side light bulbs from a motorist shop in Hull (where I live), theyre a lot brighter than standard bulbs, and when the headlights are on theres a really good blue tint to the lights.
You can buy these online at www.speeding.co.uk for about £15 a pair, but if you buy them from the shop they cost £12.99

P.S. theyre also used for inicators, available in different colours.

Rs197r27

Tryed again to replace the standard side lights ive turned the holders all the way around but they will not come out, I even took the high beam bulbs out to give more room to access the side light holders. Does any one know if their is a tool to pull the holders out. If not it seams the only way to gain enough access is to take the headlamp unit out of the car but this seams a bit of a drastic measure! considering the manual claims you just turn them a quarter of a turn.I have read in the Gallery that a couple of members have fitted these side lights to their cars, please could they comment if they had problems or not fitted their bulbs.

Silver Fabia vRS

rg172 - You have to just pull these quite hard with the wires!

The sidelights simply pull out and the full beam ones (along with the indicators) turn a 1/4 turn before coming out. I know this because I have replaced them all on mine! I removed the full beam ones first then the sidelights.

If its so hard to change the lights with the headlights on the car, wouldnt it be easier to remove the headlight ?
On the phase 1-2 clios its just 3 bolts to undo, and the headlights out.

Rs197r27

Thanks to telford-mike and geoff172 for their comments following their instructions I now have them fitted, the passenger side light was the most difficult to remove, but the drivers side nearly just fell out.Thanks to my fiancee in managing to fit the bulb on the drivers side.