ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone contract: 30 days notice

I want to leave Orange so i can get an iPhone 4 from Tesco... i just rang the bloke, he explained it but im just double checking, he said i need to give Orange 30 days notice before i leave, im at the end of my contract ive passed the upgrade date so he said i either need to give 30 days or upgrade.

I said can i give you notice now then and ill sort the phone out in due time and the contract will end... the money will come out etc, he then said about the PUK code for transferring my number which i know about and said he cant do the PUK code until i end the contract, i said yes but if i don't end it before the 7th of this month which is when the direct debit comes out im going to be paying for this month and then next month?

I then concluded to him that if i order the iPhone before the 7th and ring up on the spot asking for the puk code that i will only have the money come out on the 7th of this month and not next... because i don't want to use the phones contract next month if i don't have to paying another £25 when i have a new phone!

Any one know more about this i know its obvious but im just looking for reassurance as i see it i wanted to cancel today and give the notice but he said just wait until you get the new phone and ring for the code and cancellation, surely that means from the date i have my new phone im still having 30 days more contract which i don't want!?

It's PAC not PUK.

If you cancel, you'll lose your number. I'd have cancelled now and asked for that number to be moved to PAYG. Then when you've got your 4 (mental btw. WAIT!) phone up and get the number that's now on PAYG transferred.

If you do what he says, you'll have 30 days from 7th. Which probably means another bill.

Pretty standard practice tbh. I did the move from O2 to Tesco for the iPhone 4 deal. 30 days notice.

All you have to do is say you want to cancel and want your PAC so you can transfer numbers. You'll have to pay the line rental for your Orange contract. With my O2 contract, I had to pay about £7 (my contract was about £12 per month) in the 30 days notice.

But as said above, wait for another month or so. Be pretty crazy to get the 4 now! I thought I was bad enough getting it in March.

Really, when is all the new apple stuff coming out? and that will probably be more expensive than the 4 wont it?

This contract comes in at £655 total including handset and is only 12 months...

Oh :eek: PAC thought i was right and all technical haha

So i think thats a good idea, if i get it transferred to a pay as you go sim and they should send me it through?

Trouble is im doing about 2000 texts ish a month... thats going to cost me the same on pay as you go?

Just wait. I moved because of the cheapness and the allure of the 12month deal. Once the 5 comes out, itll make the 4 slightly cheaper anyway, if you didn't fancy going for the 5.

Really, when is all the new apple stuff coming out? and that will probably be more expensive than the 4 wont it?

This contract comes in at £655 total including handset and is only 12 months...

Oh :eek: PAC thought i was right and all technical haha

So i think thats a good idea, if i get it transferred to a pay as you go sim and they should send me it through?

Trouble is im doing about 2000 texts ish a month... thats going to cost me the same on pay as you go?

Most PAYG deals do unlimited texts now.

September.

Even if you're gonna still get the 4 it'll be LOADS cheaper then.

Possibly wrong.

Definitely wrong.

Good work! Lol.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Announced September then.

Since that's when iOS 5 will go Gold. And usually a new revision of iOS comes out with a new phone. I'd reckon they'll pull a 3G on this one tbh, it'll be cheaper I'll place a bet on it.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I know that matey. I'm a massive Apple fan and a huge geek. I beta tested Vista and Windows 7, officially too. And I beta test the odd Apple build, again officially. ;)

I've owned every iPhone model too.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
You never owned ipodsandguns.

Waiting for the new iPhone never makes sense to me. It is always the case of buy the phone re-join the queue for the next.

Just enjoy what ever phone you end up with when you do.

Well im half thinking that mate... im not even sure i want the iPhone 4... let alone the 5... ive given up on being at the very first with the electronics, my blackberry does me ok, i just text alot but id like a new phone, still... im young and dont have bags of money and im still saving for a Renault sport Clio ;) which im looking to get in a few weeks so if anything im now thinking i should get a giff gaff sim and save my money..

The win win with the Tesco contract was only 12 months ant 235 for the handset was affordable... so i might be back at square one with the idea that i just cancel the contract now get the PAC code and get a 4...

You never owned ipodsandguns.

Waiting for the new iPhone never makes sense to me. It is always the case of buy the phone re-join the queue for the next.

Just enjoy what ever phone you end up with when you do.

This TBH. People have been staying with their old phone waiting for the iphone5 since Jan. I'd rather have got a 4 and enjoy it for 10 months, then wait a few months before getting a 5.

Will orange not match the deal tesco are doing for an iphone, or do you want to move anyway?

Well if i did go on to pay as you go and then wait for the 5... id expect the 5 would be slightly more expensive and the contract about 24 months with a higher phone cost,

So i think i might switch to pay as you go for a month and decide what to do then probably go for the 4. Im not worried about moving i just said to the bloke on the phone ill pay for the phone but i want no more than 18 months contract and no more than 35 a month... but the 35 a month only included 500 texts, i said could that not be bumped to unlimited for free? he said it cant and we agreed 500 is a a stupid amount but he couldnt do anything about it... and he also added that because Apple controls the network this is what Orange have to stick too... However Tesco arent an actual network provider? so they can basically give the best deal they want...

I dont know if any of that is true but there ya go!

Well if i did go on to pay as you go and then wait for the 5... id expect the 5 would be slightly more expensive and the contract about 24 months with a higher phone cost,

So i think i might switch to pay as you go for a month and decide what to do then probably go for the 4. Im not worried about moving i just said to the bloke on the phone ill pay for the phone but i want no more than 18 months contract and no more than 35 a month... but the 35 a month only included 500 texts, i said could that not be bumped to unlimited for free? he said it cant and we agreed 500 is a a stupid amount but he couldnt do anything about it... and he also added that because Apple controls the network this is what Orange have to stick too... However Tesco arent an actual network provider? so they can basically give the best deal they want...

I dont know if any of that is true but there ya go!

Apple charge the networks a lot for the handsets. So the networks try and make money in other ways.

Tesco have more money than all the networks, so they do what they want.