ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone help needed please ..

Maz

LY 200
Time for a new phone but havn't got a clue what to get :S .. just want something nice and simple to use .. just like me :clown: lol

Always had Nokia's in the past and currntly got a Sony Ericsson but still trying to work out how to use it :eek:

Any help would be great please :D

Golf GTD
might be a bit of an overkill though caramel if Maz isnt going to use all the features.

the new samsung e900 is meant to be good, samsung are very easy to use.

Maz

LY 200
Thanks for the advice guys . .I will use the features if on a nokia as they are pretty simple to use .. isn't there a newer version of the N80 ?? anyone know what they are like ??

Der Panzer
What are you going to use the phone for? That's kind of an important question to ask before people start shouting N80.

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
I have just got a motorola v3i deep violet, its fab really girly dead easy to use compact, stylish and sexy! everyone told me they are shite dont get one but ive learned that everyone likes different things!!i love it!!

Lee

BMW M2C
Gweebs said:
6280 is not a bad phone.

I'm really happy with mine. As you say, it's a good phone, fine for texting and the camera is pretty good for video and the odd pic. The screen is very nice. ;)

I couldn't be bothered to wait for an N80, plus it's overkill for me as I'd never use half the features. I just want to phone, text and not have a flat battery all the time.

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
M1TCH said:
look good but are utter sh*te, correct.

I havnt had a single problem with mine has evrything on it came with 2 extra memory cards mp3 player, camera, video etc etc at the end of a day its a phone it makes phone calls and texts!

Maz

LY 200
Well all I really use the phone for is calls, texts, pics, vids and would like to be able to get on the net easily etc so ... :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
exactly valva its just a pretty phone.

well maz you want something with wifi then, its the nuts so atm the N80 or N91 are the only ones with that I think. or the O2 XDA Mini S is cool but a bit bulky. full qwerty keyboard and windows though which is smart.

Golf GTD
n80 does fit the bill then really if you got a wifi hotspot or a wireless network in your house you can browse the internet on your phone.

Maz

LY 200
Nice one cheers lads looks like I will give the N91 a try :) thats if I can talk my phone company out of the £149.99 that they want for it ..:eek: lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
Maz said:
Nice one cheers lads looks like I will give the N91 a try :) thats if I can talk my phone company out of the £149.99 that they want for it ..:eek: lol

who you with marie?

I and many others have had to get a new contract to get the new phones for a reasonable price.

Der Panzer
Well I have the MDA Pro, it's bulky and a pain in the arse to use at first, now it's all set up it's cool. Just use a bluetooth headset and voice dialing and you're fine. For net access and surfing it can't be bettered really. Plus it's windows based so if you ever played with Fisher Price toys you'll find it easy to navigate.

For the more hardcore out there I believe there is a Lnx development that works really well.

Camera is a bit s**t, saying that though it is a PDA.

Nas

Eunos Roadster
mate the n series nokias run a symbian operating system, this is not as easy to get used to as say a 6230, but a good thing bout the n series nokias you can open several applications at one time, e.g web browser, camera and and java game all at the same time, just go into an application and then press the red button, this will minimise the window and not end the application, then hold the menu button and in the side u can see wot apps are open, if u have too many apps open it slows your phone down loads, kills battery, and also makes it much more likely to crash, there are also some sad f**kers developing virus for nokia fones which are sent via bluetooth, so best switch bluetooth visibility off.

Der Panzer
Nas said:
.....there are also some sad f**kers developing virus for nokia fones which are sent via bluetooth, so best switch bluetooth visibility off.
There are programs out there, that I defnately don't have installed on my PDA :evil:, that can sniff Bluetooth connections even if they are not set to show as visible. Once you have the MAC address you can brute force you're way in. Safest thing is to switch the Bluetooth function off when you're not using it.

I'm working on getting my way into a filthy looking Doris's phone in work. I'll post the results on my site. :approve:

Golf GTD
AndyA4 said:
There are programs out there, that I defnately don't have installed on my PDA :evil:, that can sniff Bluetooth connections even if they are not set to show as visible. Once you have the MAC address you can brute force you're way in. Safest thing is to switch the Bluetooth function off when you're not using it.

I'm working on getting my way into a filthy looking Doris's phone in work. I'll post the results on my site. :approve:

care to share this app?

Golf GTI 1.8T
AndyA4 said:

why would you even have you bluetooth permantly on anyway, thats just gay! plus cuts your battery life by a 1/3

cant see why people do it.