ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone Memory Card Problems

Basically my SE W850 was replaced by O2 as it stopped working.

Took out the memory card from the old phone and now the new phone won't recognise the card without it being formatted.

Is there an easy way I can get the stuff of my memory card or my phone to recognise it without wiping everything.

Cheers

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Memory card reader, copy to your pc, format it, then copy back.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
nope. get yourself down to your local tesco and you can pick one up for less then £10.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
yeh it will work. it does not really give that much info on the reader on the website. but, looking at the picture, id say your card would go in the top right card slot.

you will also need the sony memory stick duo to sd card adapter that should come with your phone i believe? I did with my w800i if thats any help.

Is that just the grey cable which connects to the pc, or is it something completly different?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
right, im now doubting myself as to wether that will be suitable for you. is the memory stick duo the same width as the memory stick/

Aha, think I'm with you guys now, so I'll need the card reader plus the adaptor thing for all of this to work.

Cheers guys!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
its just a pro duo then the 9 quid card reader from argos will do the job no adapter required (all it does any way is make it longer so it doesnt get stuck in the camera that uses just a pro stick), use it all the time, but try pluging the phone in to the pc and going to file transfer mode, your computer should be able to read the card. mine could when mine went mental. mind you i had been tampering with the phones firmware
either that or if you have a sony psp, connect that to the pc and use it as a reader. or a £2 MS/pro/duo reader off ebay is always an option if you are willing to wait a few days. (actually pound land might have them too)

i got one free when i bought a 4gb card off ebay.
the w850 is the balls probs the best phone ive ever had.

Saved myself a tenner :D Put my memory card into my mates phone and his phone could read the card, so sent the pics from his phone to mine via bluetooth, job done :D

Only problem now is the memory card wont format! :mad:

Anyone got any idea's as to why the memory card won't format, whenever I try it just says formatting failed, still works in other SE phones/PS3.