ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone upgrade options

I've got a k800i and had it a while now but it's starting to play up...

I want a new phone but my contract with o2 doesn't end until Dec 08. I rang them and they advised I couldn't upgrade until Nov 08.

So what are my options?

Do any companys buy you out?

Can you pay to upgrade early with o2? is this worth it?

I have no insurance on my phone and my phone is out of warranty btw if anyone suggests that.

Clive the Clio no. 2
Check somewhere like phones 4 u, some of their contracts offer £100 cashback e.t.c so that £100 can pay for some of your old contract,

Thats what i did and it worked a treat, other than that get out a new contract and suffer paying both until december.

Can i change my contract with o2 to the lowest one possible say £15 a month or am I tied into paying £35 for 18 months?

Clive the Clio no. 2
you can lower it one plan every month,

from 35 - 30

30-25

25-20

20-15

pain in the bum i know, but thats how they keep their mney coming in when you dont want to use their contract anymore!

Clive the Clio no. 2
yeah you can, but it costs between 100-150 for an upgrade fee i think, thats what it used to be,

it will be put onto your phone bill as a charge so that money will come out of your bank with your monthly bill.

Yes but will it be cheaper to buy the phone sim free for the full price or pay o2 to upgrade early?