ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo Booths - Talk to Me

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So... CS knows everything right?!

photos booths why are they so fooking expensive?? its a camera, computer and printer and people are charging £10k for them!!

fook that.

anyone know anything about photos booths?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You could probably knock one up for £3k with everything.

I know a few wedding photographers who charge a few hundred on top of their day rate to bring them with them.
You could make them self service although I've seen a few with dedicated people working them in the evening.

Abarth 595
It’s just a decent camera, printer and some software. We paid £200 iirc to hire one, that included all the photos etc. Why do you want to buy one?

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
Just get a decent backdrop and a load of props and give images on usb/digital download.

I used to tag it onto my wedding photography package for an additional £250/300 for two hrs. I stopped doing it around 4 yrs ago when every Tom Dick and Harry started doing it and ‘photobooths’ were no longer a novelty at a wedding.

If you want something different get a gifyyy

https://gifyyy.com/

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
We got messed around by the chaps that were going to do ours (2x VW campers for transport, one doubled up into a photo booth) last minute so made my own in the end.

I say photo booth, it was a few bits of wood and frame knocked together but went well with the rustic theme in the end, lol. Saved me £800 so put it towards a videographer instead!

Attachments

• 9B231F3F-9071-4E87-99F2-D13CFCC9B1E5.jpeg
    9B231F3F-9071-4E87-99F2-D13CFCC9B1E5.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 105
  SG9 Forester STi
I went to an event at Christmas and they had a ‘magic mirror’. I thought that was better than the photobooths for novelty. You emailed the pics directly to yourself as oppose to printing them.

Think they’re ££££’s too though.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how you look at it, my mate has one and it paid for itself in a month.
Oh yeah, I don't doubt it. I was referring more to the product rather than those professionals buying it. I would probably buy it, too, were I a reputable photographer with regular work. :)

My (badly made) point was that, as a developer, this is quite a simple system to create / develop. It could be done a LOT cheaper. That said, were I in gifyyy's shoes, I would be charging an absurdly silly amount too if punters were willing to pay it. :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Oh yeah, I don't doubt it. I was referring more to the product rather than those professionals buying it. I would probably buy it, too, were I a reputable photographer with regular work. :smile:

My (badly made) point was that, as a developer, this is quite a simple system to create / develop. It could be done a LOT cheaper. That said, were I in gifyyy's shoes, I would be charging an absurdly silly amount too if punters were willing to pay it. :smile:

Mental. Plus $39 each time you want to use it at an event.

Knock that s**t up in a day! Lol

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
making something is not an issue, i have cnc machines for making things.

i like the idea of someone being able to take a photo and then enter a phone number so it can be whatsapp'ed or entering an email address so it can be sent.

im sure using a tablet with simcard will deal with both

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Oh yeah, I don't doubt it. I was referring more to the product rather than those professionals buying it. I would probably buy it, too, were I a reputable photographer with regular work. :)

My (badly made) point was that, as a developer, this is quite a simple system to create / develop. It could be done a LOT cheaper. That said, were I in gifyyy's shoes, I would be charging an absurdly silly amount too if punters were willing to pay it. :)
you making something? :)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Well... funny you should ask that... :p
No mate, I'm not making anything. It could be a fun little project but I've personally got too much on my plate at the moment. :)
Lol fair enough.

I found some time last night to have a proper look at software and setup.

Although there is lots of software out there, im not sure its all that good. I did find one that seemed to tick all the boxes, dslrbooth. But it only works with a dslr camera. There pitch is why would you want to take photos with any other than a dslr camera? I get their point but drunk people at a party don’t really care about photo quality, providing its half decent quality they are happy.

There are apps that add effects, hats and crap like that, apps that do 4 photos reels, who wants 4 tiny photos.

All you need is an app that can take a single photo, send via email text etc… and the app is locked so people cant piss around on the tablet. As far as I could see that doesn’t exist.