ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

photo new clio rs

Looks like they have sorted out the brakes so that something not to worry about for track work.

Its about as quick as the present cars 192hp but more weight and a 6 speed box helps 0-60 times.

it looks a bit better then the clio on topgear tonight :sick: i can see my getting into even more debt:Dlooks sexy and solid bet its near to £18,ooo what do think?

Quote: Originally posted by steamywindows on 25 July 2005

it looks a bit better then the clio on topgear tonight :sick: i can see my getting into even more debt:Dlooks sexy and solid bet its near to £18,ooo what do think?

I dont think it would be a wise move for Renault to move the Clio sport into that price range. It puts it in direct firing line with alot of contenders.

Thats whats so great about the current RS Clio range. Ok, its not perfect, but its fast and cheap.

That said, the above concept car looks fantastic (that is ofcourse assuming its a concept car). Its just a shame the final products dont look like the concept.

well i would have thought that the one under the cover is the final product as it is so close to the release date. the ones in the mag look like concept.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 24 July 2005

Like it but Im not sure about the grey plastic on the back. Reminds me of the City Rover thing

Its similar to the rear diffuser on the EVO 9......not keen on it on there either

Is it me or dont you think that all sorts of road dirt and sh*t is going to be flicked up from the front wheel through that vent down the side of the car!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I imagine it would have a practical application, it could be something to do with the frontal design being geared towards safety and not allowing enough cooling, who knows.

its not for brake cooling thats for sure, i imagine its to shift heat out of the engine bay.

Mechanically we know quite alot already about the new rs and by the looks of those pictures there seems to be some part sharing with the megane (i wouldnt be surprised if it borrows a few more components either) and it uses the 6 speed box form the big diesel modus.

Im going to see it in "concept" form at frankfurt in september. But having seen the modus "concept" i imagine the car i see will be 98% production ready.

Ziel Nurburgring

Looks the best in white.

Shame im getting out of the fun sector. Have to be more sensible according to the misss, so its a 330ci Club Sport or a 350Z for me then...

Elise/VX220/R26

looks awsome, those brakes look like the same ones on the 225, they are impressive on the 225 so they will be incredible on the clio

RS 200

from the second picture down on page 1 the caliper has brembo on it so it could well be.
Hope i can get one in a few years when im older and insurance a little cheaper!