ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo organiser software

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Any recommendations for PC?

It's for my parents. They have over 500+ folders in Windows. Needs to be easy to use for them.

Those of you on Mac...My Aperture 3 projects are becoming difficult to manage. Any tips?

Suzuki Ignis
I use Lightroom 3. Or bridge but that basically the same as the finder but you can view RAWs.

Bus w**ker
I have Lightroom...but I don't use it for file management, never actually thought about doing that :S. I do however use Picasa, I've put this on about five PCs for different people in the last couple of months and all have been blown away by it's ease of use and functionality. Plus it's free.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
for work we use Camerabits Potomechanic - very simple, very quick and zero editing capabilities.

I too use Aperture, but often find myself getting lost - and dread the day I have to export my entire library!!!! to another machine.

Photomechanic is great, because you use conventional file structures - and the software finds them rather than relying on a specific software to organise your files. ( like Aperture)

It has been used by pro's for years, for batch processing, uploading,sending and adding file info.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Cheers Lad. I've set them up on a trial of Picasa, seems to be doing the job already.

Just downloading a trial of Lightroom 3...I've just found a folder with 16,000 Images in it - Unedited/not organised :dapprove: