ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photographers

cock mobile.
Any photographers out there that want to lend me a hand?

Basically I've been sent out about 50 high quality photos for a website, which I need to resize to a much smaller size about 400x400 pixels.

Most of the images are like 3000 x 3000 pixels, when I resize them with Fireworks (what I normally use) a lot of the quality is lost, this is when saving them as high quality jpeg, or png.

The images aren't pixelated or anything, but it just looks like they haven't been exposed correctly, can anyone recommend a way of keeping the photos of high quality and resize them (and storage size) that will work well on the web?

Cheers.

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
There's lots of different technological ways of re-sizing an image, Bilinear, Bicubic, nearest-neighbour, etc. I too was a fireworks ho, but converted to potatoeshop. Anyway, if ur using Fireworks 8, go Modify > Canvas > Image size. At the bottom, you have a drop-down. Experiment with those, I like bicubic, but it depends what you're doing.

-Akira

172 CUP
As said above ^^^

There a number of different algorithms that you can use to resize images.

In Paintshop Pro i use "smart resize" and in Photoshop i generally use "bicubic", these both seem to give results with images of the size you mentioned.

Si

cock mobile.
Cheers guys, I'll continue bashing around.

Tried using PNG, that's what I generally prefer for web stuff, because it's easier for transparency (imo).

It's the images of people that are the problem, the skin doesn't come up quite as well as I want!

172 CUP
> It's the images of people that are the problem, the skin doesn't come up quite as well as I want!

Thats probably because of the nature of the algorithms, going from such a large size picture to such a small one means that a lot of detail will get "chucked away".

Si

106 GTi
Find Fireworks a pain here, be it an older version, best of in Photoshop to be honest.

cock mobile.
swren said:
> It's the images of people that are the problem, the skin doesn't come up quite as well as I want!

Thats probably because of the nature of the algorithms, going from such a large size picture to such a small one means that a lot of detail will get "chucked away".

Si

Bloody algorithms, it's reminding me of the good ol' uni days now, ha!

let me know how it turns out, not sure i'vd done images quite that big. I alsways find for the simpler stuff ps and fireworks always struggle, and sometimes i fail to look beyond them to do the easy things, if that makes sense?!

cock mobile.
It seems to work pretty well, I think I'll still need to run them through fireworks, but it does half the work.