ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography forum - truly stunning landscape photos

Ian

Focus TDCi
Remember seeing this myself a couple of months back - really are some great shots in that thread. How you getting on with the D60?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
106839391.jZCi3lK9._DSC4711_dw.jpg

how do you get this blurry effect with the stars? Seen a few images like this

Ian

Focus TDCi
Long exposure Luke. At that time of night you can leave the shutter open for a good few minutes, well up to half an hour plus. During that time the rotation of the Earth stretches out the star trails.

That photo had a shutter of 226 seconds at 00:19am. :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Tripod needed then?

Can all camera shutters be set to be left open that long? (nikon d60 :eek:)

there is so much stuff i wanna try!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah tripod definitely needed! Or a flat surface at least. Look up about mirror lock-up and shutter delay as well. If you keep turning the dial in manual mode or shutter priority mode there should be a 'B' or Bulb mode which allows for long exposures. You can pick up a remote control to start and stop it.

You set the camera on the tripod, turn on mirror lock-up and remote control mode, turn to Bulb mode and go from there basically!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
God this photography lark is sounding more and more complicated each and every time i read into it more :(

Im gonna need to meet you for a face to face marra lol.

Back on topic:

WOW images. Hope i will be able to produce something even half as good as those!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol yeah, definitely get a few of us together at some point. Stick to the basics for now, it's not as bad as it seems! I've never tried star trails tbh, too many city lights round here.

Mini JCW
Remember seeing this myself a couple of months back - really are some great shots in that thread. How you getting on with the D60?

Not too bad actually - taken a few snaps of the cup, with tripod...it's my dads tbh and he's considering swapping it for a D90.....

This has to be one of my favourite images from that thread :

2786056514_6d6e71d240_b.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Took me a second to recognise that as being from the thread - thought you'd taken it for a minute lol! :) Still flicking through the thread now, great for inspiration.

Sounds good, both the D60 and 90 are great cameras, look forward to seeing some of your stuff!