ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photos from Silverstone - GT Championship

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
This was a real treat. I don't actually have any experience shooting motorsport but thought I would give it a go. Since I was with friends and colleagues, I didn't want to ditch them and go elsewhere so stayed around the Brooklands area for these. Sadly, the only thing I would like about these to be amazing (in my opinion) would have to be no fences! And cleaning my sensor...

Taken with a Canon 1D mkIIn and Sigma 85mm 1.4. Had a total blast!

7965498498_13026bbf6f_b.jpg

7965518772_a0f8fd2fef_b.jpg

7965493754_87b0334370_b.jpg

7965552968_4c0eed6a3c_b.jpg

7965486388_08eb4509af_b.jpg

7965506050_bbaf895096_b.jpg

More here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/31584547@N05/sets/72157631487452164/

Oil Burner
Nice shots. Good to see you posting again - i thought you had thrown in the Canon kit for NEX? Or do i have completely the wrong forum member?

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Nice shots. Good to see you posting again - i thought you had thrown in the Canon kit for NEX? Or do i have completely the wrong forum member?
Nah same person ;-) Just getting back into the swing of real photography. To be honest, the NEX was great for everyday use BUT so much of a pain to try and photograph anything more serious.
Good pics, I hate Silverstone for photography. My son was there as a VIP guest of Mobil and had a ball.
I was there as a guest also so was good. I would be tempted to just make myself a vest and just walk around wherever or something but just far too much effort. :)

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Bloody good photos those.

Were you using the Canon's servo tracking lock thing to auto focus on the moving cars?
Yeah all AI servo set to moderately fast. The biggest issue still was the AF as too accurate and had a habit of focusing on the fence. These are quite heavily cropped so im insanely happy with these. Shame the keeper rate was poor. Think out of 600 photos, 60 or so were keepers. Reckon if it was elsewhere without these fences, I would be happy.