ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic from a roadtrip to scotland i found

Just found this on my lappy while i was looking for other pictures, completly forgot i'd taken it and brought back some awesome memories of a roadtrip to scotland (from bristol) i did last yr. car was faultless and the roads/scenary up there made it all the more worthwhile. shame i fell asleep on the motorway on the way home....:nono:

makes me want the standard wheels back on seeing this.

just thought i'd share it anyway

DSCN1737.jpg

SQ5
Nice pic :) I hope you meant you stopped in a layby and had a kip lol!

Did you drive it in one day?

Nice pic :) I hope you meant you stopped in a layby and had a kip lol!

Did you drive it in one day?

wish i did!!

na i drove up there for a few days, as i wanted to climb ben nevis while i was up there.

shame it was a bit busier up around there.....

DSCN1766.jpg

and i didnt crash, much, i was really angry at myself for doing it as i should know better, but i had a bad nites sleep before hand and jst wanted to get home. was driving on the m'way after a few hours of driving, knew i was gettin tired but pressed on, went into a section of roadworks with a contra flow, ended up on the oppoiste carriageway, next thing i knew i was being woken up by a "donk.....donk......donk.....donk" realised i'd fallen asleep and was the crashing through the cones seperating my lane and on coming traffic, cones flying over the top of my car and cat eyes passing beneath the wheels, swerved just as i see a lorry coming opposite way flashing his lights...shaking like a shitting dog.

pulled into the services to calm myself and check the car over, ripped off the splitter, the engine cover and both wheel arch liners, dented the drivers side of the bonnet and had three red and white scuffs across the front of the bumper / bonnet where i'd gone further and further across the carriageway.

was a stupid mistake and i was pissed at myself for a long time for actually doing it, should have known better and put a bit of a downer on what was an epic few days.

drove back up to scotland a month later to pick up some wheels, there and back in a day and made sure i was fully stocked up on food/redbull for the journey and it went without a problem.

lesson learnt.:(