ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic of me new pc :~)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Bad overclocking board etc., and wireless never had a huge following of 64-bit drivers. See other thread though, there's plenty out there. 4Gb memory was a bit of a stupid mistake on Microsoft's part, but there's a fix out there and it'll be in SP1 installs...

EVGA n680i is designed for overclocking!! (no issues under 32Bit Vista, quite happy) The 4GB issue is a disgrace IMHO.

I'm rapidly falling out with mine... It's having major stability issues at the moment with stock clocks, and when I bung all the stuff on a Striker II Formula I have no issues at all...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Awesome rig.. just a pitty you installed vista and most of the computer power and memory is sapped trying to run the bloatware.

Typical quote from someone who's evidently not spent any time with it.

Vista is easily as quick as XP SP2 on my machine... And the benefits far outweigh the 'downside' of having to re-learn where everything is.

And you'll never guess what, the only instability problem I have is a motherboard fault that I can replicate under XP and under Linux ;)

I've had plenty experience of it from users wanting tech support.. its s**t.. end off..

Will be at least 2 years before any company should even think about moving.. certainly my company wont.

Better than yours. C*nt.

Vista is easily as quick as XP SP2 on my machine... And the benefits far outweigh the 'downside' of having to re-learn where everything is.

And you'll never guess what, the only instability problem I have is a motherboard fault that I can replicate under XP and under Linux ;)

I've had plenty experience of it from users wanting tech support.. its s**t.. end off..

Will be at least 2 years before any company should even think about moving.. certainly my company wont.

I've had someone pick up the mouse and put it on the screen after being asked to put the mouse on the start button... Doesn't matter what OS it is if the user is stupid the user is stupid!

This all happened going from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95, and Windows 98/2000 to XP... You of all people should know that!

Megane
Great Pc Mate, love the case, as i said in the other thread, if anyone here has built an uber fast pc and has any parts for sale i am very interested,and my bro wants a pci-e vid card :D thanks :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I've had someone pick up the mouse and put it on the screen after being asked to put the mouse on the start button... Doesn't matter what OS it is if the user is stupid the user is stupid!

This all happened going from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95, and Windows 98/2000 to XP... You of all people should know that!

Its true, but with Vista.. 99% of the time its actually not the users fault.. its the stupid shitty OS causing problems.

Rav4
Just got 2 x 20" HP screens for work.

I am still trying to decide if not get the dell or the samsung panel :) dell being the 2407 hc only for design and so on, not really for movies.

Very happy you like your purchase, well done.

monitor is the best part of the whole set up! very happy with it! makes my life a lot easier too with photoshop etc!

Samsung 245e 24" monitor

What's the monitor like?

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Totaly agree with KDF, I put up with it for 10 months, memory hogging POS. Add to that inferior gaming performance and the fact it dropped my wireless connection every 1-2 hours was enough for me to go back to XP. I'll revisit it in another 12-24 months, probably with 4GB of RAM!

Monaro VXR
Just got 2 x 20" HP screens for work.

I am still trying to decide if not get the dell or the samsung panel :) dell being the 2407 hc only for design and so on, not really for movies.

Very happy you like your purchase, well done.

monitor is the best part of the whole set up! very happy with it! makes my life a lot easier too with photoshop etc!

If you can find anywhere selling them as most places seemed to sell out and never get anymore. Buy a BenQ 24" panel regarded as the one to get generally. Better image quality and colours over the dell / samsung. Same response time and similar price.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Like your setup mate, should be nice for a while, questions though...

why didn't you get SLi capability out of interest?
have you had any problems running games under 64bit windows?
did you get black dragon Geil memory?

complete spec is as follows:

Abit IP35 Pro
Quad Core Q6600 2.4ghz (overclockable to 3.6ghz)
4GB Geil 6400 DDR2 800mhz ULL memory
500GB Seatage Sata II
GeForce 8800GTX 756mb 768mb?
Corsair 560W PSU
Lian Li aluminium case
Samsung 245e 24" monitor
Vista Ultimate 64bit edition
MS Habu Laser mouse
Dell Bluetooth Keyboard

Cost was just around £1200 including everything. I've been working hard lately and defintely due a new pc! Should help out with work no end (as I do just about everythin on the pc)
I'm running the same components as you, and have been for a few months. Works a treat. Not overclocked mine yet though.

What's this problem with 4gb of memory you guys are talking about?

Monaro VXR
32bit versions of windows unless PAE is enabled are limited to only 4gb maximum memory. So if you have a 768mb vid card and then your sound card has ram on it etc that eats up part of that 4GB so you may find if you have 4GB of system ram in your system can only utilize 3.2gb worth etc.

Non of that is an issue on 64bit versions.

ph1 172...a red one
Excellent spec...BTW whats the LCD panel in the top bay??

I would say the user in this instance is NOT the stupid one....maybe the request should have been put the mouse pointer on the start button...;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
the LCD is am alphacool lcd display. it got it from ebuyer for around £40! its quite good, you can have just about anything on the display, but iv not really looked at it properly yet!

just check and they have sold out, think i had the last one at the time. it is available elsewhere tho or they do one that fits 2 drive bays

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
mouse is good, im quite picky with mice, but its nice! (and looks nice too with the blue lights) I had a standard Microsoft one before which I loved, and this was the nearest thing to it but was laser and had more functionality (which i havent actually used yet, i just wanted laser more than owt) I've tried a couple of wireless ones but dont get on with them too heavy, i like to move the mouse about by picking it up at times, and iv found wireless can be annoying when im doing photoshop stuff, as they were never 100% with the connection.